Contribute
Register

USB Wake Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are only 3 x GLog USB ports in your system, if you have already disabled ports HS09, HS10 and HS11 then they should be a non-issue.

HS14 should then be an Intel port.

Not sure why your system won't find the Bluetooth module if the Port-Count is set to 12, as there are only 12 ports being activated in the SSDT. Hey, use whatever makes it work.

You have an SSDT-EC.aml with an SSDT-USBX.aml or SSDT-EC-USBX.aml in your setup, yes? Which other SSDT's are you using, if any?

Do you have any other shutdown/sleep fixes applied to your system? I ask this because while the default reason for Sleep/Wake issues is usually the lack of or an incorrectly set USB Configuration, it is not the only possible cause for this type of occurrence.

How do you have your System Power Management set? Are you using a specific Hibernation Mode, setting it via Terminal?

If you enter sudo pmset -g in a Terminal window, what does it show?

Anything like this screenshot below:

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 20.10.39.png

Yes, I have SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP-2.aml from Dortana guide (not sure why 2 at the end ?).
I have those 4 SSDT's, plus now SSDT-UIAC.aml:

I belive I do not use any shutdown fixes beside DisableRtcChecksum=true in config.plist to avoid pressing F1 on boot.
I had also AptioMemoryFix.efi issue in the past, but ths was before migrating to OC and now those drivers are not there anymore.

I might have tinkered PM settings during Clover times, but now I do not remember. Please see current screenshots:

I attach also IOReg file. Funny is that when I remove SSDT-UIAC.aml and XHCIPortLimit is True (vanilla situation) this 2-step sleep still works and if I disconnect USB from monitor hub, sleep works perfectly. In that sense USB mapping is not even needed. I have also tried everything in parallel with and without XHCI-unsupported.kext. It looks that this does not have any effect. Now when all is set and using your final SSDT-UIAC.aml (with port count 20) sleep works every other time! I believe the key is that when monitor manages to shut itself down before sleep, it works. But second time does not work anymore.

Attachments

• Image-2.png
    Image-2.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Mirtel iMac.ioreg
    6.5 MB · Views: 47
Your current SSDT-UIAC.aml has the connector types set incorrectly. Have you reset your USB Configuration?

Your system power settings are using the following:
  • Hibernatemode - 3
  • Standby - 1
I would recommend you try these settings, use Terminal to apply each line. You will need to enter your password before any commands are applied (copy and paste the commands so you don't enter them incorrectly):

Terminal Commands

Disable Hibernation
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Disable other hibernation options
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
See if these changes make any difference.

IOReg:

The IOReg is showing all the possible Intel ports, HS01 - HS14 inclusive, SS01 - SS04 inclusive and USR1 and USR2 (probably the Type-C ports).

All of these ports are set with the USB3 connector, which we know is wrong and these need to be changed.

Genesis Logic Ports are not visible, which is good.

Other than the port connector issue there doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong in your IOReg.

Yes, for IOReg file I reseted USB configuration (deleted SSDT-UIAC and set XHCIPortLimit to True) like you requested. SSDT-UIAC.aml file presents other hand latest and desired mapping.

Or what is incorrect regarding connector types ?

They were all set as Connector Type (3), which is incorrect.

You have some Type-C ports and some internal USB2 ports. These need to be set with the correct connector type form the USB system to work correctly.

Now I lost sleep completly (this 2 step sleep I described earlier) when entering those Hibernation options via pmset -a

Worse, if I restore previous values, my 2-step sleep is not returning...

And I'm completly lost regarding connector types. I understood we got everything set yesterday.

No we didn't get everything set.

Re-enabling XhciPortLimit quirk is not getting the system set correctly. It is a short term fix. The permanent fix is creating an SSDT-UIAC.aml or USBPorts.kext (don't use USBInjectAll.kext with this kext), with the correct ports activated, the correct connector types set against no more than 15 Intel USB ports.

After reseting the system to inject all the USB ports did you follow the USB configuration guide and re-discovered all your USB ports, and set them with the correct connector type?

My stab at your USB Configuration with SSDT-UIACv2.dsl was a best guess, it may not have been correct.

What does your System Power settings show now?

Yes, I set my USB ports again with SSDT-UIAC like yesterday, disabling XHCIPortLimit etc. I did reseting only to provide you IOReg file...
My Power settings are back as they were on yesterday's screen shot by now.

OK, so what does Hackintool > USB tab show for your USB ports after the re-discovery?

Same as before/yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back