XFX Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I've got a GAZ68MX-UD2H-B3 (U1E), and sleep works fine using "darkwake=8." The problem is that when I wake from sleep I need to unplug and then replug the keyboard for it to work. (I have a USB mouse plugged into my keyboard, so unplugging/plugging the keyboard kills two birds with one stone.)

Way back when, on a previous OS X, the solution was simply to wake the system by pressing the power button. For some reason that allowed proper use of the keyboard without needed to unplug/plug the keyboard back in. This doesn't work for me anymore.

The BIOS for this board does not offer "CPU PLL Overvoltage," and I submitted a request to Gigabyte about adding that function in a future BIOS update. They said that it's not relevant for this board so it will not be done.

Any other users of this board have any ideas?!?!

Thanks!

Here is the thread related to this on the old site: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=42835

The other problem that I have, and it's most likely related, is that when I plug a jump drive into my wired keyboard I get a warning that there is not enough power for that device. The mouse is plugged into one of the keyboard ports and works fine, so I'm not sure why there isn't enough power.

Then again, I also don't know why I have to unplug/replug the keyboard in every time the system wakes from sleep...

Here's another thread on the issue: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=40515

I know that other people have been experiencing this issue, so I'm just curious what people's solutions have been. I'm running UEFI, so I no longer have a DSDT. Also, my board doesn't have CPU PLL Overvoltage as an option in BIOS, so I cannot mess with that.

Again, the solution had been "fixed" by simply waking the machine with the power button, but that no longer works. Clearly I cannot be alone on this issue!

No You are not alone I am on the same motherboard and BIOS, and only just getting around to Mountain Lion upgrade, sorting out all the issues on a new HDD, before migrating my user accounts over. I have installed the new universal usb driver that comes with latest multi beast

This fixed worked for me. In BIOS under MIT - Memory Profile - Set XMP Profile to disabled.

Thanks for the response!

That's actually great to hear that there's a sort-of fix for this. My board's BIOS doesn't have CPU PLL Overvoltage, so I guess my only option is to drop down to 1333mhz or deal with this problem...

I guess it's time to go and figure out what the huge difference is between 1333 and 1600!

dont use the usb 2.0 rear ports thats where the low voltage is.if you looked at the kp it shows 400ma showing 0 aka usb 2.0 . nothing wrong with the 3.0 ports they are 900ma use them.as fore cpu pll overvoltage goes thats for ud3 mobos and up.its for 4.7ghz and up yours will go up in smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back