Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just updated and the process seemed to go fine. However my USB completely stopped working.

No mouse or keyboard inputs accepted. I dont know if this is an OC issue I was working rock solid with 0.6.8

Any ideas?

I just updated and the process seemed to go fine. However my USB completely stopped working.

No mouse or keyboard inputs accepted. I dont know if this is an OC issue I was working rock solid with 0.6.8

Any ideas?

try disabling xhciportlimit in config.plist

I have to figure out how to boot the computer so I can edit it.

I have to figure out how to boot the computer so I can edit it.

Use your UniBeast installer USB stick or an OpenCore bootable installer USB. Because you are able to select it from the BIOS boot menu it will bypass the main installation.

You can VNC in from another computer.

You can create another USB bootable drive on your other MacBook.

:)

Use your UniBeast installer USB stick or an OpenCore bootable installer USB. Because you are able to select it from the BIOS boot menu it will bypass the main installation.

You can VNC in from another computer.

You can create another USB bootable drive on your other MacBook.

:)
Thank you I forgot about VNCing from another computer. That worked great

Assuming you are referring to Comet Lake this has been my lessons learned the hard way:

It is likely if you try every USB port you will find one USB 2 port that works-you may need to use a USB 2 hub to get mouse and keyboard working. It might even be the case USB 2 port, if you have one. That has been my experience.

However you do it follow the Dortania guide for USB mapping to use the USBInject all kext and change the quirk setting for XHCI. That should activate the USB 2 ports and possibly one or two USB 3. Obviously it s best to experiment with a USB key.

If happy with what the USBInjectall Kext does you can leave it that way. But it is worth trying to map the USB ports following the instructions in the Dortania guide, obscure though they may be. If using your Comet Lake CPU you can use the automated mapping tool which worked better than Hackintool for me on an i7 Comet Lake/Z490.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back