Contribute
Register

USB Start-up Problem (aka the Audio problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please forgive me, but I'm not certain exactly how to provide all of that information. I didn't do anything special with DSDT, so I'm not running a custom / special one? The only way I've been able to get audio to work is with multi beast, I choose under "Without DSDT", then "ALC888 Legacy v100202". When I choose this, it forces me to also include HDAEnabler. When I remove HDAEnabler, my machine boots as it should, but I cannot get audio to work with all possible combinations so far.

OK, i've got a succesfull mavericks installation but with this problem... slow boot and gf 210. Only problem is I have ALC883. The links on the original post doesn't cover this one. What to do ?

Please forgive me, but I'm not certain exactly how to provide all of that information. I didn't do anything special with DSDT, so I'm not running a custom / special one? The only way I've been able to get audio to work is with multi beast, I choose under "Without DSDT", then "ALC888 Legacy v100202". When I choose this, it forces me to also include HDAEnabler. When I remove HDAEnabler, my machine boots as it should, but I cannot get audio to work with all possible combinations so far.

Did you have solve this? I have the exact same problem. Not using a DSDT. Looks like we're in the same boat.

Edit. Looks like just an HDAEnabler/888 issue. Don't have the ssdt (from original post) installed and removed HDAEnabler1 and it boots fast. Just no audio.

No, I pulled my hair out over this one and ultimately just gave up.... I would love to get this resolved.

Thank You very much!
You my friend are a genius. I managed to finally got my machine running.

Im very new to this and all you posts have been very helpful.
The computer i made is:
- z87x-ud5h
- 16Gb RAM Corsair
- i7-477k
- 240 SSD
- 1TB HDD

For some strange reason i couldn't boot with onboard graphics HD4600. I'm starting to think maybe a mobo problem, so I used a spare Geforce 210 I had. It booted inmediately but with the Keyboard and mouse problems. I folowed your fix and everything was ok. Audio Working and Fast Boot.

For the Installation I used the Guide for Mountain Lion 10.8.5 with Multibeast 5.5.5.

CODEC
- ALC 898 and all the defaults.

org.chameleon.Boot

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

</dict>
</plist>

Can't Thank you enough.

Good afternoon,
My name is Adi, and a few days ago i started to buil my hackintosh. I'm realy new to all this.
I used motherboard Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 rev3.0
Intel G2030 procesor
Ram 2x4GB Kingstone 1333
Zotac Geforce 210 video card
Old hard disk 160 Gb

I made the Yosemite install (fresh instal) with Unibeast, than use Multibeast for Yosemite.
I had no sound so i used Multibeast Mavericks 6.1.0 and now it is ok.
I have Ethernet, sound, sleep, wake, but it's booting very slow, about 1min and 40 sec.
I read this thread 10 times, but i don't understand where to go and what to do.
Can someone explain me step by step what i have to do to solve the long boot problem?

Thank you!

--------------
[EDIT] - ok it seems I may have done something wrong before when replacing the AppleHDA.kext because the date was wrong compared to the factory install. I repeated the process carefully and now the dates of the files match. I've successfully rebooted around 30 times tonight, I'll repeat the test tomorrow :crazy: :lol:
--------------

[EDIT 2] - it happened again this morning, 2nd time I tried rebooting :banghead:

toleda, I would really appreciate any help:

I tried everything in your original post - but I'm still getting this exact symptom at random, maybe 1 out of 10 times when I boot. It's driving me a little bit crazy.

I tried disabling the audio in Bios and not injecting anything (I have a dedicated audio interface so I don't even need onboard audio) - enabling audio again in Bios and trying the ssdt file caused a few assertion errors during boot and the device does not appear in System Prefs. I now have it disabled again.

Is there anything I should do to remove the patched driver apart from:

- delete HDAenabler-1.kext
- reinstall AppleHDA.kext from vanilla installation
- run kext utility to repair permissions and rebuild caches

I would appreciate any ideas, thanks :banghead:

I tried rebuilding cache with DPCImanager. I get this in the log:

Code:
24/01/2015 13:16:58, com.apple.kextcache[425]: /: no supported helper partitions to update.
24/01/2015 13:16:58, com.apple.kextcache[425]: Lock acquired; proceeding.
24/01/2015 13:16:58, com.apple.kextcache[422]: /: no supported helper partitions to update.
24/01/2015 13:16:58, com.apple.kextcache[423]: Created prelinked kernel //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache.
24/01/2015 13:16:56, com.apple.kextcache[425]: / locked; waiting for lock.
24/01/2015 13:16:51, com.apple.kextcache[422]: rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
24/01/2015 13:16:51, com.apple.kextd[12]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/IOKitPersonalities_x86_64.ioplist.gz is out of date; not using.
24/01/2015 13:16:50, com.apple.kextd[12]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Directories/System/Library/Extensions/KextIdentifiers.plist.gz is out of date; not using.
24/01/2015 13:16:50, com.apple.kextd[12]: Rescanning kernel extensions.
24/01/2015 13:16:50, com.apple.kextd[12]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Directories/System/Library/Extensions/KextIdentifiers.plist.gz is out of date; not using.

This happens every time I try and rebuild the cache. I got a console log from the slow boots. This is the console activity while USB is unavailable for ~10 minutes after boot:

Code:
24/01/2015 12:48:00.823 com.apple.SecurityServer[15]: Session 100002 created
24/01/2015 12:48:05.175 com.apple.launchd[1]: (com.apple.coreservices.appleid.authentication[245]) Exit timeout elapsed (20 seconds). Killing
24/01/2015 12:48:26.000 kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem: postEvent LLEventQueue overflow.
24/01/2015 12:51:44.000 kernel[0]: considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel prebuild rebuild has expired
24/01/2015 12:51:44.676 hidd[64]: Timeout waiting for IOKit to be quiet 
24/01/2015 12:52:59.000 kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem: postEvent LLEventQueue overflow.
24/01/2015 12:54:40.000 kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem: postEvent LLEventQueue overflow.
24/01/2015 12:55:44.674 WindowServer[126]: Timeout waiting for IOKit to be quiet 
24/01/2015 12:56:43.753 SystemStarter[45]: IOKitWaitQuiet: -536870186

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-DH3
Codec: ALC892
chameleon boot plist:
Code:
	<key>DropSSDT</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1200x32</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v -xcpm</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Quiet Boot</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>RestartFix</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>SkipAtiGfx</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>SkipIntelGfx</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>SystemType</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>Theme</key>
	<string>Choose_Your_OS</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

Non-native kexts:

FakeSMC
hnak AppleIntel e100e
3rd party SATA AHCI
AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset

smbios is Imac 14,2

Is there anything I should do to remove the patched driver apart from:
- delete HDAenabler-1.kext
- reinstall AppleHDA.kext from vanilla installation
- run kext utility to repair permissions and rebuild caches
This thread confirmed a repeatable issue with HDAEnabler1.kext and GT 210 causing unresponsive USB for up to 10 minutes after boot. It is not a solution for any other USB problem. As well, there are no USB issues with a native or patched AppleHDA.kext.

toleda - thank you for your reply. The reason I am asking is because the symptom for the USB problem is exactly the same, maybe it could help in figuring out what this weird problem is?

The graphics card I'm using is Nvidia 8600.

Just wondering if you could give me any tips on tracking down this issue further?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back