i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi I managed to install a working High Sierra install using an SSD drive connected by USB.

When I moved the SSD to the SATA port to run the system faster, the drive is visible in the BIOS and even loads the clover boot loader, however once loading after a while the apple boot logo changes to a no-entry sign and stops there.
I have tried loading with Verbose on and nothing details the problem. I will upload to YouTube and link here if it helps?

I have another external USB HDD with a working High Sierra install and hen I load this I can not see the High Sierra SSD drive (the one connected to internal SATA).

Any ideas? Maybe install a working SATA Kext or something?
I am using an old intel P55 motherboard from a Dell XPS 8000.

Thanks for any help.

Any ideas? Maybe install a working SATA Kext or something?
I am using an old intel P55 motherboard from a Dell XPS 8000.
Certain SATA controllers have issues with AppleAHCIPort v329 (eg ICH10, 5 series, 7 series, ASMedia 1061)
Disks may fail to initialize, not readable or hot plug may fail.

See [Solved] ICH10R and High Sierra and try Fix for ICH10.
Or see [Solved] Problem: HDD not supported and try new ICH patch.

Or see [Solved] Drives not showing up in installer "Disk I/O error" and try Apple AHCIPort.kext v328.
Note: AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 will only work if installed in /Library/Extensions and using a kext installer like KextBeast.

Wow thank you. Will read through and try some out. Thank you.

Ive given these a go and none work when the SSD is plugged internally connected to the SATA port on the motherboard.
However, when I use a USB to SSD caddy, it all works fine.
I thought maybe it was a TRIM problem as my motherboard is legacy (intel P55-WB) but this did not get me anywhere when researching this side of things.

I'd like to have the SSD as a SATA drive and not plugged in as USB if possible. Any other thoughts?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back