Graphics
Intel HD4000/Nvidia GeForce GT 635M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi...i've already post something about usb issues in other threads about other problems but i've not solved this issues,than i've choose to open a specific thread.

I've a lenovo z500 and i have some speed issues with my usb ports. I've made a test with an usb 2.0 kingston keys and this is the situation:
-I have 2 usb 2.0 ports and 1 usb 3.0 port
-I've tested it with a software that read and write a 128mb file on it and test the speed
-I've the "usb 7 series" patch applied and "gux_defer_usb2" on clover

-With GenericUSBXHCI installed:

-USB 2.0 Speed
-Read=20,8 Mb/s
-Write=5,2 Mb/s

-USB 3.0 Speed
-Read=20,7 Mb/s
-Write=1,1 Mb/s

-Without GenericUSBXHCI installed:

-USB 2.0 Speed
-Read=20,7 Mb/s
-Write=4,5 Mb/s

-USB 3.0 Speed
PORT NOT RECOGNIZE USB DISK

Where can be the problem? what can i try? thanks

Hi...i've already post something about usb issues in other threads about other problems but i've not solved this issues,than i've choose to open a specific thread.

I've a lenovo z500 and i have some speed issues with my usb ports. I've made a test with an usb 2.0 kingston keys and this is the situation:
-I have 2 usb 2.0 ports and 1 usb 3.0 port
-I've tested it with a software that read and write a 128mb file on it and test the speed
-I've the "usb 7 series" patch applied and "gux_defer_usb2" on clover

-With GenericUSBXHCI installed:

-USB 2.0 Speed
-Read=20,8 Mb/s
-Write=5,2 Mb/s

-USB 3.0 Speed
-Read=20,7 Mb/s
-Write=1,1 Mb/s

-Without GenericUSBXHCI installed:

-USB 2.0 Speed
-Read=20,7 Mb/s
-Write=4,5 Mb/s

-USB 3.0 Speed
PORT NOT RECOGNIZE USB DISK

Where can be the problem? what can i try? thanks

Try using AppleUSBXHCI (remove GenericUSBXHCI).

See patches here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch (patches/usb.txt)

Note: Don't expect USB3 speeds from a USB2 device. To test USB3, you need to test with USB3 devices and USB3 ports.

Try using AppleUSBXHCI (remove GenericUSBXHCI).

See patches here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch (patches/usb.txt)

Note: Don't expect USB3 speeds from a USB2 device. To test USB3, you need to test with USB3 devices and USB3 ports.

I've tried using AppleUSBXHCI with the patch that you say but the result is the same (usb 2 with 20,8Mb/s in read an 4,4 Mb/s in write and usb3 port that don't recognize my usb disk)

I don't want a super speed...i want a normal speed!!i think that the usb 2 port are slow and the usb3 is not working well! what are "normal" speed for an usb 2.0 port?

I've tried using AppleUSBXHCI with the patch that you say but the result is the same (usb 2 with 20,8Mb/s in read an 4,4 Mb/s in write and usb3 port that don't recognize my usb disk)

I don't want a super speed...i want a normal speed!!i think that the usb 2 port are slow and the usb3 is not working well! what are "normal" speed for an usb 2.0 port?

Speeds for USB2 will vary depending on the speed of the device. You should compare against Windows.

Speeds for USB2 will vary depending on the speed of the device. You should compare against Windows.

I've made a test with different usb pen in Mac OS X and Windows...as for the speed, they are the same, then i think that the problem is with the usb pens drive (they aren't the last models...probably are too old to use them as a test...i think that is time to buy a new usb 3.0 pen and after i'll make other test)...

What i've seen is that:
- with AppleUSBXHCI my Usb 3.0 port is not fully working (it works with usb mouses, but it don't read the usb drives), and my two Usb 2.0 ports are working
- with GenericUSBXHCI every port is working

Then for now the GenericUSBXHCI+"Usb Intel 7 series patch" is the best combination for this laptop.

A question: i've seen that in your offline repository there are two "usb intel 7 series patches"...one is "usb_7-series" and the other is "usb_7-series-id"...what's the difference? thanks

I've made a test with different usb pen in Mac OS X and Windows...as for the speed, they are the same, then i think that the problem is with the usb pens drive (they aren't the last models...probably are too old to use them as a test...i think that is time to buy a new usb 3.0 pen and after i'll make other test)...

What i've seen is that:
- with AppleUSBXHCI my Usb 3.0 port is not fully working (it works with usb mouses, but it don't read the usb drives), and my two Usb 2.0 ports are working
- with GenericUSBXHCI every port is working

Then for now the GenericUSBXHCI+"Usb Intel 7 series patch" is the best combination for this laptop.

A question: i've seen that in your offline repository there are two "usb intel 7 series patches"...one is "usb_7-series" and the other is "usb_7-series-id"...what's the difference? thanks

You do not need to use the "id" variants unless your native device-id is not recognized. Since all the ids are standardized by Intel, this is not a concern, and is why I don't promote them in the MaciASL menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back