CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
RX580 + UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hello. I have USB problems in macOS Big Sur 11.4. The USB crashes out of nowhere and I have to reset my PC. In the Dortania guide it says I should disable XhciPortLimit but still didn't work. I tried USBInjectAll, USBMap from Hackintool and the Mapping from corp's GitHub. None worked. Here is my EFI:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12 MB · Views: 115
This is a relatively common issue with the latest version of Big Sur. Where previously working USB configurations are no longer working. Although saying that your USB configuration would never work correctly, as you are attempting to activate all 26 USB ports on your system. Ever heard of the 15 port limit?

I would advise you to read and follow the USB configuration guide written by UtterDisbelief - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

What I can see from your current USBPorts.kext you appear to know what you are doing regarding setting the USB Ports correctly. You just have too many ports in the kext.

You shouldn't need to use XHCI-Unsupported with the OC bootloader.

You need to open your config.plist with ProperTree and run the 'Clean Snapshot' feature on your config.plist, as the kexts are incorrectly ordered in your config.plist. Lilu.kext should always be the first kext in the Kernel > Add section. This should then be followed by VirtualSMC.kext. Any other kexts should follow in alphabetical order after these two 'Essential' kexts.

Also do not post a copy of your config.plist that contains your Serial Number, MLB, Rom (if Generateted) and System UUID. Some unscrupulous/lazy/ignorant person may see them and use them in their own system, which would cause issues with Apple's iCloud, Messages, App Store services.

This is a relatively common issue with the latest version of Big Sur. Where previously working USB configurations are no longer working. Although saying that your USB configuration would never work correctly, as you are attempting to activate all 26 USB ports on your system. Ever heard of the 15 port limit?

I would advise you to read and follow the USB configuration guide written by UtterDisbelief - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

What I can see from your current USBPorts.kext you appear to know what you are doing regarding setting the USB Ports correctly. You just have too many ports in the kext.

You shouldn't need to use XHCI-Unsupported with the OC bootloader.

You need to open your config.plist with ProperTree and run the 'Clean Snapshot' feature on your config.plist, as the kexts are incorrectly ordered in your config.plist. Lilu.kext should always be the first kext in the Kernel > Add section. This should then be followed by VirtualSMC.kext. Any other kexts should follow in alphabetical order after these two 'Essential' kexts.

Also do not post a copy of your config.plist that contains your Serial Number, MLB, Rom (if Generateted) and System UUID. Some unscrupulous/lazy/ignorant person may see them and use them in their own system, which would cause issues with Apple's iCloud, Messages, App Store services.
Thank You. I am trying that. I reset the serial after every install so i don't care about it

Are you not assigning the Serial number generated to your Apple ID? I have had the same Serial Number on my main hack since it was first generated, i.e. for nine years.

I can only inform you that if one of the other Moderators sees a post and your Serial number is present in the config.plist attached to the post, they will more than likely delete your post or the config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back