Contribute
Register

[solved] USB Power SSDT XHC

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what you said, you were changing more than the CPU...

I switched the motherboards round. The H97M-D3H charged my iPad with the i3 4360 so i though that my H97N-WIFI was defective. Then when i switched the i7 4790 to my H97M-D3H which had the i3 4360 in the USB 2 and 3 Ports stopped charging with the i7 chip but charges fine with the i3 chip.

I switched the motherboards round. The H97M-D3H charged my iPad with the i3 4360 so i though that my H97N-WIFI was defective. Then when i switched the i7 4790 to my H97M-D3H which had the i3 4360 in the USB 2 and 3 Ports stopped charging with the i7 chip but charges fine with the i3 chip.

But you also admitted to booting from a completely different EFI/Clover and different install of macOS/OS X...

But you also admitted to booting from a completely different EFI/Clover and different install of macOS/OS X...

No. I used the same EFI/Clover on both just changing the SSDT for Powermanagement keeping the same SSDTs. I thought you said you can keep the same patches when changing hardware if I'm correct?

No. I used the same EFI/Clover on both just changing the SSDT for Powermanagement keeping the same SSDTs. I thought you said you can keep the same patches when changing hardware if I'm correct?

Then I don't know what you meant when you wrote "I've got 2 different drives for 2 of the motherboards."

Then I don't know what you meant when you wrote "I've got 2 different drives for 2 of the motherboards."

I have drives for both of the machines which I'm booting from. Just swapped the drives and the SSDT for Powermanagement keeping the same patches for SSDT-LPC, SSDT-XHC etc if that makes sense?

I have drives for both of the machines which I'm booting from. Just swapped the drives and the SSDT for Powermanagement keeping the same patches for SSDT-LPC, SSDT-XHC etc if that makes sense?

"swapped the drives" implies a completely different set of input... (eg. anything could be different).
Why not keep the same drive but change the SSDT for CPU PM only?

For you to investigate... other than what I've posted here, I'm out of ideas for you (and it is a little hard to tell what you're actually doing).

"swapped the drives" implies a completely different set of input... (eg. anything could be different).
Why not keep the same drive but change the SSDT for CPU PM only?

For you to investigate... other than what I've posted here, I'm out of ideas for you (and it is a little hard to tell what you're actually doing).

Because when i was patching them both it turned out it required the same patches Series 9 for SATA, LPC, SMBUS, MCHC, XHC etc.

Because when i was patching them both it turned out it required the same patches Series 9 for SATA, LPC, SMBUS, MCHC, XHC etc.

If you're swapping the drives, regardless of whether you think you set them up the same, it would be very difficult without extensive comparisons between them, to determine if they are actually the same.

If you're swapping the drives, regardless of whether you think you set them up the same, it would be very difficult without extensive comparisons between them, to determine if they are actually the same.

I think I'm going to re-flash the BIOS then re-patch the ACPI and go from there. Start from fresh.

You can mark this as solved. Ive sorted it. I re-flashed the BIOS. Reinstalled OS X, Re-Patched ACPI rebooted and it works. no problems. Im back on 10.11.6. As the problem seems to be in 10.12 but no biggie problem solved anyway.

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 07.43.27.png

IMG_0017.PNG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back