Contribute
Register

USB ports working except when connecting an external hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did. I have it in the OTHER folder in my EFI and yet the system still doesn't see my external hard drives.
Am I that dense and placed it in the wrong OTHER folder in the wrong EFI maybe?
Attached is my EFI selection in Configurator and my current list of kexts.

You boot from flash? Why don’t you install clover to hard drive?

Anyway, it’s better if you generate bug report files with this script https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

I can check it only Monday. Maybe someone else will help you before.

You boot from flash? Why don’t you install clover to hard drive?

Anyway, it’s better if you generate bug report files with this script https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

I can check it only Monday. Maybe someone else will help you before.

I was wondering about that. Which of the Clovers would you recommend for a Customac Pro build?
Would it be the "Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4411" version for 7/8/9/100/200/300 Series UEFI based CustoMac systems?
I ask since I'm running a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming Wifi motherboard with an Intel i7 8700k.

I was wondering about that. Which of the Clovers would you recommend for a Customac Pro build?
Would it be the "Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4411" version for 7/8/9/100/200/300 Series UEFI based CustoMac systems?
I ask since I'm running a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming Wifi motherboard with an Intel i7 8700k.

The last version v2.4k r4700. Just use it. You can download it from clover configuration.

I’m using this version for z370 chipset https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0n-rx560-16gb-ram.260337/page-10#post-1826665

The last version v2.4k r4700. Just use it. You can download it from clover configuration.

I’m using this version for z370 chipset https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0n-rx560-16gb-ram.260337/page-10#post-1826665

Just installed the newest Clover onto my rig.
Right now it boots up with the new 4700 Clover, but only shows the thumb drive as the only drive to choose, which loads for a second, then goes back to the Clover menu with the single thumb drive again.
It doesn't show the SSD that I installed High Sierra on unless I boot straight from the thumb drive.
I must be missing something.

Update:
Just tried installing Clover 4700 again and Configurator showed me that my Clover was still the past version, despite showing itself as the 4700 on start up.
Installed it again to no effect.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 7.18.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 7.18.27 PM.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 65
Just installed the newest Clover onto my rig.
Right now it boots up with the new 4700 Clover, but only shows the thumb drive as the only drive to choose, which loads for a second, then goes back to the Clover menu with the single thumb drive again.
It doesn't show the SSD that I installed High Sierra on unless I boot straight from the thumb drive.
I must be missing something.

Update:
Just tried installing Clover 4700 again and Configurator showed me that my Clover was still the past version, despite showing itself as the 4700 on start up.
Installed it again to no effect.

I think it shows Clover version of your flash drive that you used to boot. Try to boot without the flash drive. Press F12 while boot and chose your UEIF version for your main drive.

And don't forget about the script for debug files that I mention before.

I think it shows Clover version of your flash drive that you used to boot. Try to boot without the flash drive. Press F12 while boot and chose your UEIF version for your main drive.

And don't forget about the script for debug files that I mention before.
When I start up with no thumb drive plugged in, it has no options to choose. I can only boot up when the thumb drive is plugged in.

Attachments

• IMG_5456.jpg
    IMG_5456.jpg
    838.1 KB · Views: 44
That is the only way I'm able to boot into my hackintosh, which is the problem. The hackintosh's clover won't recognize the internal hard drive as a book disk.
backup your hdd efi folder, then try to copy usb thumb efi folder to your hdd

backup your hdd efi folder, then try to copy usb thumb efi folder to your hdd
Sweet buttery Christmas, that fixed it! I can start up from the hard drive without the thumb drive. Thank you Mr-E4GLE!
Now if I can just get this beast to see external hard drives attached via USB, then I can actually use it for work.
Any awesome ideas for that? *hoping*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back