Dell XPS 9570 - Clover
CPU
i7-8750h/CM246
Graphics
UHD630, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I finally booted into Mojave beta on my new laptop, the HP ZBook G5 Mobile Workstation.

My specs are:
CPU: Intel i7-8750h
GPU: Intel UHD630
Drive: M.2 SATA 120GB SSD

The USB ports worked with XHCI-200-series-injector.kext, XHCI-300-series-injector.kext, XHCI-x99-injector.kext and USBInjectAll.kext installed in /Library/Extensions.

Then I tried putting my laptop in sleep mode, and when it awoke, the USB ports didn't work anymore. I thought this would be fixed with a reboot but it didn't. I tried reinstalling USBInjectAll.kext but that didn't work either...

What can be the cause of this sudden malfunction?

Attachments

• debug_21554.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Hi,

I finally booted into Mojave beta on my new laptop, the HP ZBook G5 Mobile Workstation.

My specs are:
CPU: Intel i7-8750h
GPU: Intel UHD630
Drive: M.2 SATA 120GB SSD

The USB ports worked with XHCI-200-series-injector.kext, XHCI-300-series-injector.kext, XHCI-x99-injector.kext and USBInjectAll.kext installed in /Library/Extensions.

Then I tried putting my laptop in sleep mode, and when it awoke, the USB ports didn't work anymore. I thought this would be fixed with a reboot but it didn't. I tried reinstalling USBInjectAll.kext but that didn't work either...

What can be the cause of this sudden malfunction?

You only need XHCI-300-series-injector.kext (your XHC is 8086:a36d). You can simply remove the other XHCI kexts you installed unnecessarily.

Try cold boot.
Try EC reset.
Check in Windows to see if your USB ports are still functioning.

Eventually (sooner rather than later), you will probably need to customize USBInjectAll.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Unless your ACPI _UPC implementation is already correct (test/check without USBInjectAll.kext).

Also, look in my Probook github, as it has SATA-unsupported.kext that will better support your SATA controller.

Mojave will have better support for your UHD 630 graphics.

You only need XHCI-300-series-injector.kext (your XHC is 8086:a36d). You can simply remove the other XHCI kexts you installed unnecessarily.

Try cold boot.
Try EC reset.
Check in Windows to see if your USB ports are still functioning.

Eventually (sooner rather than later), you will probably need to customize USBInjectAll.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Unless your ACPI _UPC implementation is already correct (test/check without USBInjectAll.kext).

Also, look in my Probook github, as it has SATA-unsupported.kext that will better support your SATA controller.

Mojave will have better support for your UHD 630 graphics.
Thanks for your quick reply.

1) I removed the other XHCI injector kexts. Now only USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-300-series-injector.kext are my installed USB kexts in /Library/Extensions.
2) I did a EC reset (with and without removing internal battery) and tried cold booting.

After doing both 1 and 2, my USB ports are still not working again (all ports do work in Windows 10).

Thanks for referring me to SATA-unsupported.kext.
I tried installing it, but reloading the kextcache results in the error:
'Can't read info dictionary for SATA-unsupported.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 1'

So yeah :D

Attachments

• debug_20500.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
Thanks for your quick reply.

1) I removed the other XHCI injector kexts. Now only USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-300-series-injector.kext are my installed USB kexts in /Library/Extensions.
2) I did a EC reset (with and without removing internal battery) and tried cold booting.

After doing both 1 and 2, my USB ports are still not working again (all ports do work in Windows 10).

Maybe some other kext in the system is damaged.
Try fresh install.

Thanks for referring me to SATA-unsupported.kext.
I tried installing it, but reloading the kextcache results in the error:
'Can't read info dictionary for SATA-unsupported.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 1'

You must have downloaded/installed it incorrectly.
Make sure you download the project ZIP.
Then install the kext according to the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back