Contribute
Register

USB ports not working on Vanilla installation of HighSierra(Gigabyte GA-H170 Gaming 3+i3 6100+RX480)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170-Gaming 3
CPU
Intel Core i3 6100
Graphics
Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8 GB GDDR5
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I’m trying to install Mac OS High Sierra in my Desktop. Earlier I had installed El Capitan in this, which was working smooth.
MoBo : Gigabyte GA-H170 Gaming 3 (H170 Chipset, 100 Series, LGA 1151, Realtek ALC1150)
Processor : Intel i3 6100
GPU : Sapphire RX 480 8 GB
SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 128 GB (HDMI to Monitor)

I have downloaded the latest version of Mac OS High Sierra from App Store and I have created a bootable USB using Unibeast(GPT, Mac OS Extended Journaled). I have copied latest version of Multibeast into the bootable USB. I have made all necessary BIOS changes referring to existing High Sierra guides for GA-H170 Gaming 3. I have added USBInjectAll.kext into EFI>Clover>Kexts>Other folder. I have added the kext patch by Rehabman to EFI>Clover>Info.plist.

Installation is straightforward without any hiccups. After installation when I tried to boot into the SSD for post installation set up, my keyboard and mouse has stopped working. I have tried unplugging and replugging into different ports, but not working. Bootable installer is connected to USB 2.0. Keyboard and mouse are connected to USB 3.0 ports. I’m aware that Apple has changed how USB drivers work some time back and now a days its a bit difficult to make it work.

I tried troubleshooting my myself. I reinstalled in at least 6 times. Always same results.

I don't have access to a Mac anymore, I'll have to borrow it from a friend. I'm going to try this fix tomorrow.

In the mean time, can you tell me anything obvious I missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back