Contribute
Register

USB port limit patch for 14.1, 14.2, 14.3, 14.5,14.6

nope. problems have become worse, having a drive connected via Gen2 port makes Mojave sluggish and unstable. Not an issue in windows and iinux.
I've also had wierd problems with the Z370. I've just started OC 064, but I can still use USBInjectAll patch from the Clover build. You put this on a the EFI of a spare USB stick and try it for the Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 and Mojave.

In this setup, the iGPU is disabled in the BIOS. There's an TB3 AIC in slot 4 and an RX-580 in the PCIeX16 slot. You'll need to swap-out the RX580 patch for your RX570 patch, add the iMP model description, the MLB, SN, SMUUIDetc. in the PlatformInfo<Misc part of the config file. LMK how it goes.

Attachments

• Insert iMP values here.png
    Insert iMP values here.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 125
  • EFI OC 064 Z370 AMD GPU No iGPU.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 101
Hi both.

Not sure I understand the problem you are working on here.

@PliSsK - though you have used USBInjectAll.kext and a portlimit removal patch you should use this as a temporary method and configure your USB ports properly and within the 15-limit.

'3rd Party USB 3.0', '7/8/9 Series USB Support' and 'Remove XHCI USB Port Limit' are not functions updated by USBInjectAll, the first two are separate fixes. The last is an ACPI patch. On it's own USBInjectAll just activates all Intel ports on a motherboard so they can be worked with, but without further intervention macOS only shows the first 15.

@jiffyslot - You should only have 1x USBInjectAll.kext in your kexts folder, not two. I recommend version 0.7.1 or 0.7.3. As you have removed your SMBIOS info from the upload I can't see what system-definition you are using, but basically the newer versions of USBInjectAll were created for the latest definitions. No new code was added.

In OpenCore the port-limit removal patch is now much easier. Just activate the "XhciPortLimit" Quirk.

:)

Hi both.

Not sure I understand the problem you are working on here.

@PliSsK - though you have used USBInjectAll.kext and a portlimit removal patch you should use this as a temporary method and configure your USB ports properly and within the 15-limit.

'3rd Party USB 3.0', '7/8/9 Series USB Support' and 'Remove XHCI USB Port Limit' are not functions updated by USBInjectAll, the first two are separate fixes. The last is an ACPI patch. On it's own USBInjectAll just activates all Intel ports on a motherboard so they can be worked with, but without further intervention macOS only shows the first 15.

@jiffyslot - You should only have 1x USBInjectAll.kext in your kexts folder, not two. I recommend version 0.7.1 or 0.7.3. As you have removed your SMBIOS info from the upload I can't see what system-definition you are using, but basically the newer versions of USBInjectAll were created for the latest definitions. No new code was added.

In OpenCore the port-limit removal patch is now much easier. Just activate the "XhciPortLimit" Quirk.

:)
Hi. Thanks for that. I'm running Mojave, so I'm using USBInjectAll 0.7.1. The other one in there is disabled in my working EFI. It's a placeholder in case I ever move to Catalina or BigSur. I had issues with 0.7.3 and 0.7.5 interfering with my Fenvi card's USB header and my Fractal case, so I've been using 0.7.1 with:

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
    846 bytes · Views: 94
I've also had wierd problems with the Z370. I've just started OC 064, but I can still use USBInjectAll patch from the Clover build. You put this on a the EFI of a spare USB stick and try it for the Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 and Mojave.

In this setup, the iGPU is disabled in the BIOS. There's an TB3 AIC in slot 4 and an RX-580 in the PCIeX16 slot. You'll need to swap-out the RX580 patch for your RX570 patch, add the iMP model description, the MLB, SN, SMUUIDetc. in the PlatformInfo<Misc part of the config file. LMK how it goes.
Thank you very much indeed! I have been hoping to leapfrog someone with a Z370 mobo and OC. I tried it before and failed. Looks like I just need to create an aml file for my GPU. I an copy the model number stuff from my Clover config file. Cheers.

Agreed
I have less than 15 ports but it is specifically the USB 3.1 gen2 I have an issue with, it didn't use to happen and the issues vary in severity, but hopefully when I get around to implementing the proper port config it will iron it all out.

Thank you very much indeed! I have been hoping to leapfrog someone with a Z370 mobo and OC. I tried it before and failed. Looks like I just need to create an aml file for my GPU. I an copy the model number stuff from my Clover config file. Cheers.
OpenCore is "working" on my Z370 build, but somehow it's much more difficult for me then the Z390, even though everything's the same on this machine as in my build signature on the left<<<< except for the Z370 board and the i7 8700K. My issue with the Z370 is with a brief flash of a message right as OpenCore is loading that may have to do with something called "UserSpace Issues" or NVRAM or -I'll monkey with it today.
The OpenCore for the Z370 is in verbose mode so I can see what's going on during boot.

Why isn't 14.4 included here...? Is it just an omission, or is it different and so will not work with these instructions (in which case, I wonder what will work, please?) :)

Why isn't 14.4 included here...? Is it just an omission, or is it different and so will not work with these instructions (in which case, I wonder what will work, please?) :)
I couldn't get Mojave to work on my Z370, so I went back to Clover for that build. It's a strange one.

@jiffyslot:

Do you mean you tried to jump to OpenCore for Mojave...?

I'm stuck at Clover rev 4895 and Mojave 10.14.4.

I've tried to update Clover and/or Mojave twice, but ended up with a machine that wouldn't boot at both attempts. Never been so happy I had a backup boot disk that worked! Followed instructions to the point, but there must be some legacy stuff in my by now quite old build that is throwing spanners in the works.

So I've come to terms with the fact that this build will remain at 10.14.4 and Clover rev. 4895 for the rest of its usable life...

Considering how stable and trouble-free this build has been in every other respect, that could turn out to be quite awhile - just need to get the USB fixed :)

Ok, just in case this can help someone else stuck on 10.14.4 - I've now applied the following patches using Clover Configurator, and in the left hand section going to "Kernel and Kext Patches" > "KextsToPatch", as well as downloading USBInjectAll under the "Kexts Installer" (in the left section), and I can now use my two front USB 3 ports again for the first time in a long while - so cautiously optimistic that this fixed it for me:

Mojave 10.14.4: (3 Patches)
  • Patch #1:
  • Name*: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
  • Find* [Hex]: 83FB0F0F 870B0400 00
  • Replace* [Hex] : 83FB3F0F 870B0400 00
  • Comment: USB Port Limit Patch 1 ©PMHeart
  • MatchOS: 10.14.4
  • Patch #2:
  • Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
  • Find* [Hex]: 4183FF0F 0F839404 0000
  • Replace* [Hex] : 4183FF3F 0F839404 0000
  • Comment: USB Port Limit Patch 2 ©PMHeart