Register

USB port limit patch for 14.1, 14.2, 14.3, 14.5,14.6

I'm confused.... I have 10.14.6
Z170 & i7-6700k, Vega64
Latest USB-Inject-All.kext

What patches do I need.
If you used MultiBeast and selected
Drivers > USB > Remove XHCI USB Port Limit​
as part of your MultiBeast configuration, you will have the correct config.plist patches.

worked on my Asus Z270 TUF Mark 1 (Bios v13), i7700k, Mojave 10.14.6

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 14.01.37.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 14.01.37.png
    186.3 KB · Views: 540
I just upgraded mine, but weird things happened. It just reboots and reboots. What can I do to solve the problem? :cry:. My graphic car now is RX 580 8GB. It boots fine with Mojave 14.5.
did you fixed this?

worked on my Asus Z270 TUF Mark 1 (Bios v13), i7700k, Mojave 10.14.6
Don't suppose you could upload your EFI, I have the exact same motherboard, but cannot figure this USB mapping out.
ah, you have MK1 and I have MK2, wonder if there is a difference in the ports :(

Last edited:
Hello. I accidentally use Multibeast for Catalina to a Mojave system. I think the only thing that I have to change are these patches right? Everything else is working great. Just some USBs not working

Hello. I accidentally use Multibeast for Catalina to a Mojave system. I think the only thing that I have to change are these patches right? Everything else is working great. Just some USBs not working
Use MultiBeast for Mojave and just select the USB patch option and install. Reboot, and it show work fine.

Would I be correct in understanding that using the correct USB patches for Mojave alone along with USBInjectAll and the correct USB BIOS settings should mean USB works most of the time correctly in all available ports but not always?

I have been experiencing some issues lately on Mojave with USB port detection when connecting external drives, particularly with the Type C 3.2 port, but also all the front I/O USB 2 and 3 ports. Half the time they work normally. Sometimes they aren't detected at all, and other times they are detected but are identified as internal drives not external drives by MacOS, which causes problems when wanting to write to them and format them etc.

I assume that the current version of USBInjectAll.kext supercedes the other 3 USB drivers in MultiBeast, '3rd Party USB 3.0', '7/8/9 Series USB Support' and 'Remove XHCI USB Port Limit'. These 3 drivers don't appear to have been updated in several years. In Gigabyte BIOS, in Peripherals/USB Configuration, I have Legacy USB Support 'Auto', XHCI Hand-off 'Enabled', USB Mass Storage Driver Support 'enabled' and Port 60/64 Emulation 'enabled'. Also is the only solution for these problems to create a custom SSDT? I realize this is a better long term strategy.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Would I be correct in understanding that using the correct USB patches for Mojave alone along with USBInjectAll and the correct USB BIOS settings should mean USB works most of the time correctly in all available ports but not always?

I have been experiencing some issues lately on Mojave with USB port detection when connecting external drives, particularly with the Type C 3.2 port, but also all the front I/O USB 2 and 3 ports. Half the time they work normally. Sometimes they aren't detected at all, and other times they are detected but are identified as internal drives not external drives by MacOS, which causes problems when wanting to write to them and format them etc.

I assume that the current version of USBInjectAll.kext supercedes the other 3 USB drivers in MultiBeast, '3rd Party USB 3.0', '7/8/9 Series USB Support' and 'Remove XHCI USB Port Limit'. These 3 drivers don't appear to have been updated in several years. In Gigabyte BIOS, in Peripherals/USB Configuration, I have Legacy USB Support 'Auto', XHCI Hand-off 'Enabled', USB Mass Storage Driver Support 'enabled' and Port 60/64 Emulation 'enabled'. Also is the only solution for these problems to create a custom SSDT? I realize this is a better long term strategy.

Cheers.
Did you ever solve this for your Z370? I'm still using USB InjectAll 0.7.1 because I'm on Mojave.

Did you ever solve this for your Z370? I'm still using USB InjectAll 0.7.1 because I'm on Mojave.
nope. problems have become worse, having a drive connected via Gen2 port makes Mojave sluggish and unstable. Not an issue in windows and iinux.

Back