RX 580
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
512K, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yep, spot on, but they are on the same ports: HS05 and HS06, just like mine :D
That was my question from a while back. They each have a child port so are those being counted? How do I relate back to the physical port? There is also a possibility that the motherboard uses other USB ports for internal control of other things.

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M D3H
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
As you know I had a custom SSDT before. Am I limited to 15 ports with a custom SSDT? I am getting vague answers.

I am also trying to build a fan RPM SSDT. Do you know what part of the DSDT I use to get the fan rpm?
I just edited again. Corrected myself and asked more questions ...

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390 I-Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
512K, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yep, spot on, but they are on the same ports: HS05 and HS06, just like mine :D

Apologies - I didn't know what a "Logitech Unifier" was. I do now!

:crazy: More thought required ...

Okay. So the keyboard is wired - which port?

Your mouse transceiver is in HS06 and the device showing on HS05?

Wouldn't you think that was an enumeration problem?
The keyboard is wireless but has a USB-C port for charging. It connects wirelessly to the Logitech Unifier which acts as a hub for other Logitech devices, none of which I have.

My WIRED mouse is a Roccat Kova that is highly programmable.

So no I don't think it's an enumeration problem. Finally, the enumeration looks identical when I check it on the Windows side so I would say that's a pretty good sign it's all correct.

Please answer my question before asking any more:

1) Am I able to exceed the 15 port limit with a custom SSDT and no PLRP? My belief is no.
2) Are child USB ports enumerated?

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M D3H
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
The keyboard is wireless but has a USB-C port for charging. It connects wirelessly to the Logitech Unifier which acts as a hub for other Logitech devices, none of which I have.

My WIRED mouse is a Roccat Kova that is highly programmable.

So no I don't think it's an enumeration problem. Finally, the enumeration looks identical when I check it on the Windows side so I would say that's a pretty good sign it's all correct.

Please answer my question before asking any more:

1) Am I able to exceed the 15 port limit with a custom SSDT and no PLRP? My belief is no.
2) Are child USB ports enumerated?
Now, now. You're getting bossy ... I ask few questions Grasshopper... ( :D ) I just have no experience of Logitech or Roccat gadgets.

1) Yes

2) Yes/No. Clearly they have addresses but your motherboard has a finite set of physical ports. These are the ones we are configuring. You can plug a hub in anywhere. They are never taken into account by any PLRP or SSDT. How can they be? A hub is just another device. But another USB device plugged into one needs an address to send/receive data.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
512K, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@UtterDisbelief Now I get it. I always thought an SSDT was limited to 15 ports!!!! I had one that I reviewed and everything I read said that I had to eliminate ports to stay under the 15 port limit?

I am in UTTER DISBELIEF that I missed that somewhere along the line. No wonder everyone is saying I should make a custom one. I appreciate your persistence.

How about the fan RPM SSDT, can you point me in the right direction?

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M D3H
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
PS - Clearly we are having fun here, but we need to keep to the thread premise. I just tried the new PLRP 10.14.4 (again just in case) but no joy. So it doesn't fit all, sadly. :rolleyes:

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
512K, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
PS - Clearly we are having fun here, but we need to keep to the thread premise. I just tried the new PLRP 10.14.4 (again just in case) but no joy. So it doesn't fit all, sadly. :rolleyes:
The one I posted for 10.14.4?

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
512K, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Start a new Grasshopper thread. I am really enjoying this unless it's tiring for you.

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M D3H
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@UtterDisbelief Now I get it. I always thought an SSDT was limited to 15 ports!!!! I had one that I reviewed and everything I read said that I had to eliminate ports to stay under the 15 port limit?

I am in UTTER DISBELIEF that I missed that somewhere along the line. No wonder everyone is saying I should make a custom one. I appreciate your persistence.

How about the fan RPM SSDT, can you point me in the right direction?
Sorry, no experience of a fan SSDT. I've never had any problems with fans. At all.

I think folk are a little overwhelmed sometimes by the depth of knowledge in @RehabMan 's guide, but it's all in there, including his preferred method of configuring ALL ports - so beyond 15 - BUT then restricting the number in use with command-lines :thumbup: This, incidentally, is why I wrote the beginner's guide, to get over that "hump", but I go with the 15-port only route for simplicity.