Contribute
Register

USB port limit patch for 14.1, 14.2, 14.3, 14.5,14.6

@ydeng Works great on 10.14.3 without SSDT so far, no big Kaboom!

I had to keep USBInjectAll because I'm using BRCMXXX from @RehabMan.

May I suggest you put all 4 patches in the first post?

Mojave 10.14.3 has proved tricky for the port-limit removal patches. Perhaps your latest Z390, which has an updated Intel controller for USB 3.1 Gen 2, is a pointer to your success? Your motherboard may be compact but it seems to have 20-ports in total (USB2+USB3 etc) so if a patch is not needed that is useful information :thumbup:

Some of the people in this thread also use z370 and I am Z390, though I have a lot of testing to do.

Yes, the Z390 is not yet quite so common

The reason for my comment is that I've done extensive testing of those four main patches on Mojave 10.14.3 and a Z370 but none have worked.

Mojave 10.14.3 has proved tricky for the port-limit removal patches. Perhaps your latest Z390, which has an updated Intel controller for USB 3.1 Gen 2, is a pointer to your success? Your motherboard may be compact but it seems to have 20-ports in total (USB2+USB3 etc) so if a patch is not needed that is useful information :thumbup:

Not exactly sure what you mean. I had a custom SSDT but no USB 3.1 and had to sacrifice USB 2.0 on one port.

Yes, the Z390 is not yet quite so common

The reason for my comment is that I've done extensive testing of those four main patches on Mojave 10.14.3 and a Z370 but none have worked.

Oh oh. What trouble did you have?

Not exactly sure what you mean. I had a custom SSDT but no USB 3.1 and had to sacrifice USB 2.0 on one port.

Okay, for a Z370 for example, a USB3.1 Gen 1 port is catered for by the Intel chipset, Gen 2 usually by an ASMedia piggy-back chipset.

In most cases no SSDT or port-limit removal patch means HS01 to HS14 and a-n-other port, either SS01 or USR01 will show in IORegistryExplorer on the XHC tree. It has also been reported that only SS ports appear, and this is something I'm trying to work on and understand :thumbup:

For earlier chipsets than the Z390 any USB3.1 Gen 2 would appear outside of the 15-port limit on the RP** section. For Z390 they are included in the HS/SS tree because they are Intel :)

Back