Contribute
Register

USB not working in Big Sur installer on Z490M

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same issue installing Big Sur, but because I still had a Catalina installation on another SSD, I was able to use Hackintool to generate a usbports.kext in Catalina, which I then used for my Big Sur installation. USBInjectAll.kext didn't play well with Big Sur, so I removed it completely.

One solution would be to install Catalina and generate your usbports.kext, and then either upgrade to Big Sur or create another Big Sur installer.
Thanks. I am trying a solution right now to remap the ports. If this doesn't work then I will try your suggestion to install Catalina, create the USBPorts.kext and save it, and then reinstall Big Sur.

Even after you press the inject button?
Can you be more specific on what you mean by "press the inject button"?

Edit:

Sorry, yes, even when I press the Inject button my ports are still not working or seen when connecting a USB device. My USB devices begin to flash when its connected to a USB port but that isn't even working.

Last edited:
Thanks. I am trying a solution right now to remap the ports. If this doesn't work then I will try your suggestion to install Catalina, create the USBPorts.kext and save it, and then reinstall Big Sur.
Welcome. When (if) you do that, also remove the USBInjectAll.kext and disable the HhciPortLimit patch before reinstalling Big Sur. They are only needed (on some boards) when using Hackintool to generate the usbports.kext. Leaving the XhciPortLimit patch enabled (in Big Sur) will have undesirable side effects (such as non-functioning ports).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back