Contribute
Register

USB - New Raise Port Limit Patch for macOS 10.12 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow the guide carefully.
If you have an issue, describe it clearly and concisely. And reply at the guide with files requested in "Problem Reporting".

Whatever you read was wrong.
Yay!!!! I finally got it to work Thank You a million RehabMan. now is there a way to write an SSDT for the USB 3.1 ports I have 2 Of them.My thunderbolt Audio Interface still won't work unless there is another device in the second USB 3.1 Port. Thanks

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change 15 port limit to 20 in XHCI kext (9-series) 10.12</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>g710////EA==</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>g710////FQ==</data>
</dict>
For 9-series

FQ== or Fg==?

For 9-series

FQ== or Fg==?
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Find</key>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
            </dict>

Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Find</key>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
            </dict>
Hmmmm, I need your confirm.

Comment change 15 port limit to 20 in XHCI kext (9-series) 10.12
Find 83BD74FF FFFF10
Name AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Replace 83BD74FF FFFF16

Post #1 said it's 83BD74FF FFFF16, which = g710////Fg==

and

g710////FQ== equals to 83BD74FF FFFF15

Hmmmm, I need your confirm.

Post #1 said it's 83BD74FF FFFF16, which = g710////Fg==

and

g710////FQ== equals to 83BD74FF FFFF15
i don't have a series 9 motherboard so can't test, i would use plist editor and use:
Find 83BD74FF FFFF10
Replace 83BD74FF FFFF16

I must admit I was skeptical, but I believe I have the port limit issue with Intel 7-series XHCI. One of the front ports is continuously failing and copies > 100MB fall over and the disk ejects. I applied this Clover patch, along with USBInjectAll.kext and I just copied 50 GB to the drive without issue... I would call that SUCCESS!!!

I must admit I was skeptical, but I believe I have the port limit issue with Intel 7-series XHCI. One of the front ports is continuously failing and copies > 100MB fall over and the disk ejects. I applied this Clover patch, along with USBInjectAll.kext and I just copied 50 GB to the drive without issue... I would call that SUCCESS!!!

7-series XHCI does not run into the port limit. But USBInjectAll.kext may have fixed some issues with your port configuration. You should remove the port limit patch (as it has no effect with 7-series), and built a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext.

So am I understanding this patch correctly? I have a Gigabyte 170x motherboard and on new hackintosh build sierra I cannot see my 3.0 external hdd that work fine on my other mac. If I run this Increase Max Port limit patch on Multibeast will it most likely fix those issues of not seeing the ext. hdd?

I don't follow the port limit part of this selection in multibeast. Will it cause a problem if I don't try to edit that in my config file?

Just want to get a little better understanding before I run it in Multibeast and mess something up.

Since upgrading to Sierra 10.12.3 I have lost the use of my usb 3.0 ports on my Z170X UD5 TH.

In my config.plist I have the following...

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Increase 15 port limit to 30 in AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>g72M/v//EA==</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>g72M/v//Hw==</data>
</dict>​

Should I replace that with the following patch or should I just add it as a new patch?

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series) 10.12</string>
<key>Find</key>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>g710////Gw==</data>
</dict>​

Status
Not open for further replies.