Contribute
Register

USB - New Raise Port Limit Patch for macOS 10.12 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. But it looks like I didn't a patch for a 200 series board.

No idea what you are trying to say.
What specific patch are you looking for?

I had a boot arg uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS09;HS11;HS12 that disabled some USB ports when I installed High Sierra. I thought I needed a patch like in Sierra but it turned out that I was able to remove the boot arg and had all my ports working in High Sierra.

For correct USB configuration, you will need to reduce the number of active/injected ports on XHC such that you are within the 15-port limit imposed by the XHCI kext. This is true of 10.11 and later. Nothing changed in 10.13.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Last edited:
Reactions: d70
For correct USB configuration, you will need to reduce the number of active/injected ports on XHC such that you are under the 15-port limit imposed by the XHCI kext. This is true of 10.11 and later. Nothing changed in 10.13.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
Hi RehabMan - are there any items in this guide that I should do differently for a z97 chipset, or will it work as is? I created a custom SSDT for my previous macOS's - will it continue to work for High Sierra or should I recreate again? Thanks!

Hi RehabMan - are there any items in this guide that I should do differently for a z97 chipset, or will it work as is? I created a custom SSDT for my previous macOS's - will it continue to work for High Sierra or should I recreate again? Thanks!

Just follow the guide as written.
Once you have your custom SSDT, it applies to 10.11->10.13.

I was wondering if this applies to the x99 series too?

Let me understand: If I have a series 100 motherboard (like my X170X UD5 TH) and running Sierra 10.12.6 do I still need to exclude the usb ports over 15 or not? My board has 22 ports. Can I use them all?
Thanks!

You cannot use all the ports.
You must exclude enough ports to stay within the 15-port limit.
Keep in mind a USB3 port uses two ports (one SSxx, one HSxx) and a USB type C can use up to three (up to two SSxx, one HSxx).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back