Contribute
Register

USB - New Raise Port Limit Patch for macOS 10.12 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my USB 3.0 ports randomly stopped working this week, I updated this kext. As I was doing some tests, the computer started to switch off randomly while plugging and unplugging drives and now it won't boot up.

I've added an image of the verbose screen. Is this somehow related to this kext?

Attachments

• IMG_3337.jpg
    IMG_3337.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 117
Hi, I have updated to High Sierra and as almost expected USB 3.0 does not work. Tonymac posted a patch for the new OS but only for the 100 series.

what would be the equivalent of this (should be working on 7/8/9 series)

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change 15 port limit to 20 in XHCI kext (9-series) 10.12</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>g710////EA==</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>g710////FQ==</data>
</dict>

for High Sierra?

Thanks a lot!

The patches are not specific to board series...

After my USB 3.0 ports randomly stopped working this week, I updated this kext. As I was doing some tests, the computer started to switch off randomly while plugging and unplugging drives and now it won't boot up.

I've added an image of the verbose screen. Is this somehow related to this kext?

What kext are you referring to?
If you mean USBInjectAll.kext, did you implement it correctly?
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Ok, starting from scratch on this issue. I don't know if this should just happen in this thread or a new one, but let me know.
I'm already lost on the problem reporting at getting patchmatic into /usr/bin. I have it extracted on my desktop...
[SOLVED]
Moving on to the next step.

Last edited:
Ok, starting from scratch on this issue. I don't know if this should just happen in this thread or a new one, but let me know.
I'm already lost on the problem reporting at getting patchmatic into /usr/bin. I have it extracted on my desktop...

You can run it directly from your Desktop:
Code:
~/Desktop/patchmatic -extract

Or you can copy to /usr/bin:
Code:
sudo cp ~/Desktop/patchmatic /usr/bin

Then run it without specifying the path:
Code:
patchmatic -extract

It all depends on what you want to do...

You might consider reading a tutorial on bash/Terminal...

OK, I think I've got everything. Please let me know if I've done this wrong. Did my best to pay strict attention to the required stuffs for problem reporting.

Attachments

• Help Info.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 93
OK, I think I've got everything. Please let me know if I've done this wrong. Did my best to pay strict attention to the required stuffs for problem reporting.

6-series chipset and 10.11.x or later is not a great combination (due to lack of Intel USB3 in 6-series chipset).
But your ioreg shows a USB3 device working (My Book 25EE) on your Etron EJ168 USB3 controller.

I haven't read through all the posts but I found an issue with Tony's first post. He says for 9-series to use this:

Comment change 15 port limit to 20 in XHCI kext (9-series) 10.12
Find 83BD74FF FFFF10
Name AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Replace 83BD74FF FFFF16

16 does not equal to:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<key>Find</key>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
</dict>

But actually it should be Fg!!!!

So what gives? I used Clover Configurator to add everything then whenever I rechecked it in a text editor it is showing <data>g710////Fg==</data> not FQ...

So what happened?

I haven't read through all the posts but I found an issue with Tony's first post. He says for 9-series to use this:

Comment change 15 port limit to 20 in XHCI kext (9-series) 10.12
Find 83BD74FF FFFF10
Name AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Replace 83BD74FF FFFF16

16 does not equal to:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<key>Find</key>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
</dict>

But actually it should be Fg!!!!

So what gives? I used Clover Configurator to add everything then whenever I rechecked it in a text editor it is showing <data>g710////Fg==</data> not FQ...

So what happened?

0x16 is 22. The code in the port limit checking code is always limit+1.
But g710////FQ==, is 83bd 74ff ffff 15
0x15 is 21, so the new port limit becomes 20.

0x16 is 22. The code in the port limit checking code is always limit+1.
But g710////FQ==, is 83bd 74ff ffff 15
0x15 is 21, so the new port limit becomes 20.

Okay I guess I need to explain it better. Whenever I copied the exact data tony said to use the output shows Fg instead of FQ. Why is this? I rechecked it over and over and even copied and pasted his and its still the same. Did something change I am wondering?

Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back