Contribute
Register

USB - New Raise Port Limit Patch for macOS 10.12 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put this patch on to get my USB 3.0 ports working. They do. However I read that this port limit patch doesn't need to be permanent. How do I adjust it so that I keep the usb3.0 ports working but reduce the port limit down to what it was before? I think it might be causing crashes that are randomly happening.

Hello, so I've created my SSDT-UIAC for Sierra and it works great (the ports I assigned work) other then when I turn the port patch off, my usb 3.0 ports don't recognize my 3.0 devices and just routes them to usb 2.0 I presume (only using HS ports). When the patch is on, the SS ports work great. Any clues to what I should be doing differently? (kext I'm missing etc..)

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    658 bytes · Views: 170
  • EFI.zip
    20.3 MB · Views: 101
Hello, so I've created my SSDT-UIAC for Sierra and it works great (the ports I assigned work) other then when I turn the port patch off, my usb 3.0 ports don't recognize my 3.0 devices and just routes them to usb 2.0 I presume (only using HS ports). When the patch is on, the SS ports work great. Any clues to what I should be doing differently? (kext I'm missing etc..)

The port addresses you have for SSxx ports are wrong.
Do not change the port addresses in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl. The ones that are provided there are correct. Changing the port addresses will just cause problems, as you have discovered.

Also, in the case of further issues, read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I have problems on increasing port limit for 9 series motherboard EVGA Z97 Stinger WiFi.

Renamed EHC1 to EH01, EHC2 to EH02
The controller is 8cb1.

First attempt was using FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, without increase port limit patch. This works fine at full speed but sometimes the USB device would drop connection.

To fix that, the second attempt, I’d like to create a custom SSDT-USB, Installed USBInjectAll.kext to and delete FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext from /L/E.

Fix permission and Rebuild cache by sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && kextcache -u /
Apply the port limit patch, reboot, still seeing 14 XHC ports and 1 SSP port.
Without this, I am missing port value SSP2~SSP6.

Third attempt, I tried guessing the port value to create a custom SSDT, since SSP1 is <10 00 00 00>, so I assume SSP2 is <11 00 00 00> and so on to SSP6. This method works, and therefore, I know all the corresponded port value to create a working SSDT-USB.
But I still want to know why the port wouldn't increase in the first place.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.3 MB · Views: 121
  • iMac14_2.zip
    856.7 KB · Views: 91
  • SSDT-USB-EVGA-Z97-STINGER-WIFI.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I have problems on increasing port limit for 9 series motherboard EVGA Z97 Stinger WiFi.

Renamed EHC1 to EH01, EHC2 to EH02
The controller is 8cb1.

First attempt was using FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, without increase port limit patch. This works fine at full speed but sometimes the USB device would drop connection.

To fix that, the second attempt, I’d like to create a custom SSDT-USB, Installed USBInjectAll.kext to and delete FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext from /L/E.

Fix permission and Rebuild cache by sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && kextcache -u /
Apply the port limit patch, reboot, still seeing 14 XHC ports and 1 SSP port.
Without this, I am missing port value SSP2~SSP6.

Third attempt, I tried guessing the port value to create a custom SSDT, since SSP1 is <10 00 00 00>, so I assume SSP2 is <11 00 00 00> and so on to SSP6.
However, SSP6 is not <15 00 00 00>
But the rest of the port including SSP1 to SSP5 are working just fine.
Removed port limit patch from config.plist.

I know the only port I am missing is SSP6, and I need to meet the 15 port requirement, but I still want to figure out why the port limit wouldn’t increase by having USBInjectAll.kext installed and port limit patch applied.
My EFI folder without theme folder and IOreg are attached.
Also the SSDT-USB created by guess port value as a workaround for now is also down there.

Whether you use FakePCIID_XHCIMux or not, you should always create a custom SSDT.
Anything else is usually wrong...
If you have an issue (creating SSDT), reply in the guide thread with "Problem Reporting" files.

@RehabMan Sorry, I just edited the original post, I have created a new SSDT which works no problem.
I still can't figure out why the increase port limit patch didn't work. (I guess the port value to create SSDT)

The HEX value and the base64 in post #1 doesn't match, I think in post #135 pointed out.
But the one in your github is correct.
Thought that probably doesn't matter since they are values greater than 15.

Would you mind to tell me why we use 83bd8cfe ? what is 83bd74ff ?
That shows up in the config_patches.plist in the repository.

@RehabMan Sorry, I just edited the original post, I have created a new SSDT which works no problem.
I still can't figure out why the increase port limit patch didn't work. (I guess the port value to create SSDT)

The HEX value and the base64 in post #1 doesn't match, I think in post #135 pointed out.
But the one in your github is correct.
Thought that probably doesn't matter since they are values greater than 15.

Would you mind to tell me why we use 83bd8cfe ? what is 83bd74ff ?
That shows up in the config_patches.plist in the repository.

The patches starting with 83bd8cfe in my repo are for 10.11.
The patches starting with 83bd74ff in my repo are for 10.12.
Note MatchOS in each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back