GA-G31M-ES2L
CPU
E5300
Graphics
8800 GTS
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've been using my USB microphone for quite a while and it's always been working flawless. But recently, it doesn't show up anymore in System Preferences.

However, it does show up in the System Profiler.

It's a Hama microphone and I don't know why it doesn't show up anymore. The only things I installed lately were the FakeSMC Plugins (however, Multibeast fails on whatever I try to install). I also installed Windows 8 Pro but it's not connected, so I don't think that's the problem. Anyone knows how I can fix this so my mic shows up in System Prefs again?

No problem. I hope I can get this problem fixed :S

Have you gotten it fixed yet? I'm having a similar problem I think.

Same here - having this issue with two different USB headsets that used to work fine. I recently did the supplemental update, that's all i can think of. Latest version of mountain lion. Headset's show up in System Information under USB, but not in audio pref pane.

Same here - having this issue with two different USB headsets that used to work fine. I recently did the supplemental update, that's all i can think of. Latest version of mountain lion. Headset's show up in System Information under USB, but not in audio pref pane.

Ok I figured it out. Turns out I had installed "Legacy USB Support" with multibeast before, and its apparently not needed ( i have an 1156 motherboard and things are working fine without it now). I had to copy over /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext from another working ML system, and reboot, and all is well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back