CPU
i7-5775C
Graphics
AMD WX Pro 4100
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I just updated to the latest version of Big Sur, but now some of my USB ports are not working. I read that these need to be napped in order not to face these issues.

Can someone please guide me through the process of mapping the ports ?

Thanks,

Manuel

Hi, I just updated to the latest version of Big Sur, but now some of my USB ports are not working. I read that these need to be napped in order not to face these issues.

Can someone please guide me through the process of mapping the ports ?

Thanks,

Manuel

Thanks had been looking for something like that with hackintool as I had seen some posts commenting on it but had not found that guide. Thank you very much.

Hi, I tried using that guide,but my ports are not working so I can´t really see them in Hackintool, all I know is that I seem to have for different USB chips on the board EHC1, EHC2, PXSX and XHC. I am also having freezing up problems with my hackintosh after the two latests updates. I am at a bit of a loss as everything was working fine prior to the updates. I have reviewed all the settings and they are ok. But It seems to be something with PCI and USB ports that changed and is now blocking some ports and freezing my hackintosh.

Any ideas on how to proceed, I had a look at the missing port guide in dortania, but it is rather complicated, I'll try to follow it this weekend.

If anyone has had the same issues please let me know if and how you solved them.

Thanks

Manolo

Hi, I tried using that guide,but my ports are not working so I can´t really see them in Hackintool, all I know is that I seem to have for different USB chips on the board EHC1, EHC2, PXSX and XHC. I am also having freezing up problems with my hackintosh after the two latests updates. I am at a bit of a loss as everything was working fine prior to the updates. I have reviewed all the settings and they are ok. But It seems to be something with PCI and USB ports that changed and is now blocking some ports and freezing my hackintosh.

Any ideas on how to proceed, I had a look at the missing port guide in dortania, but it is rather complicated, I'll try to follow it this weekend.

If anyone has had the same issues please let me know if and how you solved them.

Thanks

Manolo
lots of peeps have had the same issue updating their system without having their usb ports setup correctly

some are using this tool and creating their ports within windows:

Thanks, I'll give it a try, hopefully the freezing is due to the USB issues and gets sorted out.

Thanks,

Manolo

Hi, it has worked well so far, still I could not map two USB2 ports but it is working really well so far. Hasn,t frozen, recongnizing HDD's properly now, and I have just recovered more USB3 ports. So I'll let it be for now, if I have any more issues I'll give it a try again. But everything is much better.

Many thanks, it has helped quite a lot.

Manolo

It still freezes. hangs up. I'll keep trying to get the ports right, I really hope these freeze ups are because of the badly mapped USB ports.

Port mapping in Big Sur 11.3.x is known broken. Set XhciPortLimit to False (OpenCore config.plist) is the best workaround at this time. You may need to re-set NVRAM at boot up after this change.

All your ports will be usable. Any injectall or USBmapping kext is ignored.

Last edited:
I will give this a try, let you know how it works, thanks. I also noticed that when using Pycharm, when i am doing webscraping, if I connect say my iPhone via USB, the pages will freeze and show no internet connection. i have to reload manually in order for them to contnue working, which they do. But clearly there is a USB issue beyond mapping. Hopefully your suggestion will help solve all these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back