Contribute
Register

USB Mapping ThunderboltEX 4 & Asus Z590 A prime, some ports duplicate everytime i restart. XCHI thunderbolt 4 , XHCI tiger Lake-H USb 3.2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UPS TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Hi i have this problem when i map my usb ports, when i restart the machine on hackintool it appears again some extra ports, everytime a make a restart. i have double ports and i pass the 15 limit. for example the internal usb 2.0 hub and the Aura led its all ways duplicate its ports and some other devices like usb c ports.

i think the problem its something about the usb controller of the thunderboltex4 its the same XHCI usb controller as the motherboard.

sorry for my english LOL.

the thunderboltex 4 its working with my UAD Apollo twin x.
the wi fi and bluetooh are not working becouse of the usb mapping (more than 15 usb limit port).

please help. thanks !!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 17.43.20.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 17.43.20.png
    190.6 KB · Views: 199
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 17.43.34.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 17.43.34.png
    535.1 KB · Views: 195
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 17.44.16.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 17.44.16.png
    274.7 KB · Views: 168
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 17.44.40.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 17.44.40.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 17.45.10.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 17.45.10.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 8.44.19.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 8.44.19.png
    31 KB · Views: 154
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 8.44.28.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 8.44.28.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 186
After adding your USBPorts.kext to your OpenCore setup and reboot the system do the following:
  1. Open Hackintool and navigate to the USB tab
  2. Select the 'Clear All' icon highlighted in red (sweeping broom)
  3. Then select the 'Refresh' icon highlighted in Cyan (circular arrows)
Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 17.43.20.png

Then see which USB ports are displayed in the Hackintool USB window. You should only see the ports you have added and enabled in your USBPorts.kext.

I would say you have made a few errors while creating your USBPorts.kext, looking at the Usb connector types allocated to the USB2 ports.

You need to remember that if a USB2 port is served from a physical USB3 port then it needs to be set with the USB3 connector type, not as a USB2 port.

These are the USB ports available on your Asus Z590 Prime motherboard.

Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 23.19.11.png
These ports are highlighted on the two images below:
Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 23.20.34.pngRear I/O plate ports

Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 23.21.05.png Motherboard layout with USB headers highlighted.

So going by the information above, you should have the following ports:
  • Maximum of 4 x USB2 ports set as USB2 connector type (rear I/O plate)
  • Maximum of 4 x USB2 set as 'Internal' connector type (bottom of motherboard)
  • Maximum of 5 x USB3 physical ports set as USB3 connector type (rear I/O and MB)
  • Maximum of 5 x USB2 virtual ports (served from the USB3 physical ports) set as USB3 connector type (rear I/O and MB)
  • Maximum of 3 x USB Type-c ports (rear I/O and MB).
The 3 Type-C ports need further understanding as there are two options for setting Type-c ports in Hackintool.

Those options are as follows:
  1. Type-c+sw - Type C connector providing USB2 and USB3 with Switch - Flipping the USB device DOES NOT change the ACPI port
  2. Type-c - Type C connector providing USB2 and USB3 without Switch - Flipping the USB device DOES change the ACPI port. This is generally seen on 3.1/2 motherboard headers.
When I say flipping the USB device, I mean turning it over 180° and reinserting the device. You select the Type C connector type in Hackintool based on whether the ACPI port changes or not when the device is flipped 180°.

You need to undertake your USB port discovery again, using the information above. As in its current settings it will never work correctly.

After adding your USBPorts.kext to your OpenCore setup and reboot the system do the following:
View attachment 545239

Then see which USB ports are displayed in the Hackintool USB window. You should only see the ports you have added and enabled in your USBPorts.kext.

I would say you have made a few errors while creating your USBPorts.kext, looking at the Usb connector types allocated to the USB2 ports.

You need to remember that if a USB2 port is served from a physical USB3 port then it needs to be set with the USB3 connector type, not as a USB2 port.

View attachment 545240
View attachment 545242Rear I/O plate ports

View attachment 545244 Motherboard layout with USB headers highlighted.

• Maximum of 5 x USB3 physical ports set as USB3 connector type (rear I/O and MB)
  • Maximum of 5 x USB2 virtual ports (served from the USB3 physical ports) set as USB3 connector type (rear I/O and MB)
The 3 Type-C ports need further understanding as there are two options for setting Type-c ports in Hackintool.

1. Type-c+sw - Type C connector providing USB2 and USB3 with Switch - Flipping the USB device DOES NOT change the ACPI port
  2. Type-c - Type C connector providing USB2 and USB3 without Switch - Flipping the USB device DOES change the ACPI port. This is generally seen on 3.1/2 motherboard headers.
When I say flipping the USB device, I mean turning it over 180° and reinserting the device. You select the Type C connector type in Hackintool based on whether the ACPI port changes or not when the device is flipped 180°.

You need to undertake your USB port discovery again, using the information above. As in its current settings it will never work correctly.
thanks a lot for the reply, i will try it out and keep you informed. thankssss

View attachment 545239

View attachment 545240
View attachment 545242Rear I/O plate ports

View attachment 545244 Motherboard layout with USB headers highlighted.

please help me out i cant make it work properly, my wifi is not working and bluetooth

please help me out i cant make it work properly, my wifi is not working and bluetooth
i try with the usb tool box on windows and i try with hacking tool and still dont know what im doing wrong.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 1999-12-30 at 6.06.00 p.m..png
    Screen Shot 1999-12-30 at 6.06.00 p.m..png
    459.4 KB · Views: 49
Here is my last map please help me to mapp it properly.... i did it this time with the USBTool box app on windows, bluetooth is working but the wifi is not working at all. the thunderboltex 4 pcie its working with my UAD apollo sound card. im having some Random CPU spikes when im working on my DAW (Ableton live 11) like small stops in the audio and some small audio artefacts some times. ill try with the internal sound card and with the thunderbolt UAD apollo. and is the same problem, so maybe its a video or CPU problem??? or is the usb that is making the glitches or spikes on CPU. here is my EFI folder and i took some Screen shoots.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    13.2 MB · Views: 71
  • USB tool box map windows.png
    USB tool box map windows.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 52
  • USB toolbox map.png
    USB toolbox map.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 2.50.10 p.m..png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 2.50.10 p.m..png
    546.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 6.11.05 p.m..png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 6.11.05 p.m..png
    162.5 KB · Views: 57
Go back to your USBToolBox map and on the initial screen set 'Binding companions' as ON, not Off.

When on the Discovery stage use the following options.
Use option 'P' Enable All Populated Ports.
Use option 'D' Disable all Empty Ports.

Add 'custom names' for the ports discovered, using the formula provided, 'C:portNumber:Name', e.g. C:5:Type-C left, or C:6:Internal header - BT etc

The use of custom names would enable anyone looking at your ports to see if you have made a mistake when setting the connector type. Say you set port 2 as USB2 but the Custom name said it was a case front port served from an Internal header. We would know that this was set incorrectly, and should be changed to Internal (255) from USB2 (0)

You need to use the 'T:portNumber:t' formula to set the correct type for each port or group of ports, e.g.
T:2,4:3 would set ports 2 & 4 with the connector type USB3

Which WiFi/BT card are you using, Broadcom or Intel? I assume it is a Broadcom WiFi/BT card given the kexts you are using in your OC/Kexts folder.

Confirm the Make and model of the card and how it is connected to your system.

Also which version of macOS are you running, as BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext shouldn't be used in Monterey or Ventura. You need to replace the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext with BlueToolFixup.kext when running Monterey or Ventura.

Last edited:
im using this WIFI/BT card https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082X8MBMD/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 im running Big sur 11.6.8.

i have a question , when im mapping my usb ports with usbtoolbox app, the app guess the kind of port like type 3, type 0 , internal, type c with swicth, i check and everything its correct... my question is that the usb 3 inside the MB it should be set as internal or usb 3?

please help im freaking out i try so many different mappings and sets and is not working at all the wifi, also i have this cpu spikes when im working in my DAW ableton live, its completlly ramdom the audio stops for some miliseconds and i can see the CPU performance jump, i try to use the CPUfriend kext along with the cpufriend provider, this one:https://github.com/dortania/bugtracker/issues/190
and still the cpu spikes. i disable the IGPU and still. i try so many diffrents things and still. please @Edhawk help me to fix this. i can pay you if you want :). im desperate to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back