Graphics
Nvidia GTX 460 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone. I have a rather strange problem with my hackintosh. My USB wired keyboard (a logitech Illuminated keyboard) will suddenly stop responding to keys being pressed. The lights on the keyboard stay light so I know it is getting power from the USB bus. My Hackintosh doesn't crash when the keyboard stops working. My wired Razar mouse works just fine. I've tired different USB ports. The only way to get the keyboard to work again is to unplug it and plug it back in. I don't even put the computer into sleep mode and then lose my connection as some other users have posted back on here about. As an example, just today I booted my Hack up. After 5 minutes of running I lost keyboard function. I was just browsing the web and bam it hit. All my other devices on the USB bus work just fine (external hard drive, bluetooth and wireless adapter). I am at a loss as to what the problem is. I am beginning to think that maybe its my keyboard but it works fine when I boot into Windows 7 x64.

Running Lion or Snow Leopard?

There is a USBRollback in MultiBeast, you might research specifically if that will solve the issue you are experiencing.

It might be worth plugging in another KB if you have one handy just to confirm it is not a hardware issue.

Sorry. I'm running Lion 10.7.3. I have an Apple Bluetooth keyboard that works but I can't wake the computer from that or my mouse. Only my wired USB keyboard can wake the computer. The USB keyboard works fine under Windows 7. I am still at a loss as to why only under Lion does it stop working.

At least on Gigabyte boards you can change BIOS to wake from sleep using the mouse, might be a temporary fix until you sort out the KB issue.

I would suggest trying a couple of different KBs as there may be some oddity with that specific one. Especially since one other poster stated the same issue with the same KB, might have an unusual internal chipset.

Did you ever get this figured out? I have the exact same keyboard, posted a response earlier that was taken down. Anyways, the problem still occurs randomly for me. I'm afraid to do the USB rollback cuz I had problems earlier with USB audio recording interface... I have to restart the computer to get keyboard working again. Other USB devices continue to work when the error occurs.

kseel89 said:
Did you ever get this figured out? I have the exact same keyboard, posted a response earlier that was taken down. Anyways, the problem still occurs randomly for me. I'm afraid to do the USB rollback cuz I had problems earlier with USB audio recording interface... I have to restart the computer to get keyboard working again. Other USB devices continue to work when the error occurs.

My keyboard still not working properly, switching back to Dell USB for now. LMK if you found a solution.

I know that this doesn't help but I have been having the same problem too. I have ML 10.8.4 and after about 5 or 10 minutes of use the keyboard stops working. The wireless mouse works and everything else but not my Logitech illuminated keyboard. It worked fine is SL, and Lion. I am like the other poster in that I don't want to mess up my Hackingtosh. It is running great. If anyone finds out what the problem could be then let me know. I will so some testing as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back