GA-P55A-UD3- F11
CPU
i5
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi all,

I have had my setup for about 4-5 years and now want to make the switch to Clover...I have created a Unibeast USB before and have not had any problems. When I use Unibeast 6.0 it creates a USB drive. When I try to load the Clover installer the computer turns on and stays stuck on the Loading Operating System screen. There is no spinning dash...It just stays stuck...I have tried formatting the USB as GUID like suggested and then as Master Boot Record, but neither works...I have had my Bios set the same through all previous installs, so I don't think I am missing anything there.

Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3
CPU: 2.93 Ghz Intel Core 5
Graphics: Nvidia Geoforce GTX 760 2048 MB
Hard Drive: SSD 500 GB (+ 2 1 TB hard drives and 1 500 GB Harddrive)
Memory: 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Thanks!

I have tried both ways and neither worked...On legacy it did look a little different...I got a number 5, but it was still stuck.

I also created a Unibeast USB with the old version and didn't have any trouble booting...It has something to do with Clover I think. I wonder if anyone has any ideas or if Clover is just incompatible with my build.

I also created a Unibeast USB with the old version and didn't have any trouble booting...It has something to do with Clover I think. I wonder if anyone has any ideas or if Clover is just incompatible with my build.

Clover is OK with p55 boards, problem is with El Capitan, since Clover and Yosemite works just fine, tried it myself.

i got the same problem on a p55 (p55a-ud6) bios f11 boot1 /boot 5
still no fix for me 2
i format the hdd as MBR as in faq no help same error
love 2 see chimera back it works

ok it boots whit the apple logo i see the mouse left corner than its goes back 2 the boot screen whit the apple logo and no activity.
no power on mouse or keyboard only option i have is press reset
clover boot works whit my yosimite installation

update: im @ installation screen, no mouse no keyb (clover configurator : usbfix enable) nothing
gr

same problem here, created installer with unibeast6 legacy mode, but at clover bootloader no usb support.

ps. legacy mode never worked for me in any unibeast, allways had to add a dsdt to my usbflashdrive to get usb support at chimera bootloader.

mobo: ga-p55-ud3r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back