Contribute
Register

USB Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

Using a P45 chipset Gigabyte mobo (EP45T-UD3LR, Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0/1333, 16GB DDR3-1333) and I've set up an El Cap installer with UniBeast 6.0.0 in Legacy Mode. I'm getting a kernel panic even before I get to the installer screen, something about AppleUSBUCHIPCI.

Something on the forum says to remove that kext, but I can't find that file.

Anyone else having issues of this nature? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 529
Hey everyone! Another P55 user checking in!

Could we get a mod to change the title to P55 discussion? I think that could get more people in here.

Just thought I'd share my story. I setup my hackintosh to the point where I could boot from Clover and then removed all Chimera files. Then (just my luck) Clover decided it didn't want to boot my Yosemite partition anymore! I'm sure it's my own fault.

Anyway, after about 4 hours of trying to get into my Yosemite partition or the El Capitan installer, I gave up. I used a Ubuntu partition that I have to replace the Chimera files and was able to boot into Yosemite again.

I would really like to update to El Capitan but I think this maybe the end of the line for my P55 board. If anyone has success without lots of headaches I'd love to hear about it!

Otherwise, I'm gonna rock this until I decide to upgrade my mobo and cpu!

I would really like to update to El Capitan but I think this maybe the end of the line for my P55 board. If anyone has success without lots of headaches I'd love to hear about it!

Just look at my post above. I have El Capitan installed and working fine, even iMessage (after some magic in Clover Configurator). But still can't use it because can't get working sound, and sleep also not working. Don't know how to fix it.

Great! I see that MB also have ALC888 codec, please let me know if you can get working audio.

I will tell you, but at the moment I can't boot into ElCaptain. When I solved my problem I will try audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back