i5-9400
Graphics
onboard (VGA/DVI-D/HDMI)
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[Solution at Bottom]
N00b here. First try at doing any of this. Installed lots of OSX but first try at a hackintosh.

I have follow this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...alina-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.285366/) and I still can't the USB to boot past the Clover pre-Install. Loads quickly for first half and then drags very slowly until reaching the end and doing nothing else. I'm expecting the Catalina Recovery console to format the M.2 and install catalina. I've installed OSX many times and am familiar with that section but I can't even get there *hysterics*:beachball:.

I built the UniBoot USB using Macbook Pro (2009) running El Capitan using a 16gb USB2. Turned off csrutil. Catalina 15.4.01 was downloaded Apr6/20 so the certificate isn't out of date. I'm presuming it's a UEFI (BIOS) settings issue but I've looked for all of the items in the guide and turned them off. But if I'm booting to the Clover EFI then I'm thinking it's not a BIOS problem.

Following this post (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/confused-noob.299174/) I have have turned on verbose and the photo is what I've got. The pages went very quickly. This is where it ended.

Note: I did try this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asus-prime-h370m-plus.266190/) as it's the board that I have it's a couple of years out of date and for a different OS so I didn't really use it much.

Let me know if I can get more info for anyone who would like to help me.

Note: If my info isn't filled out for my profile here's the hardware:
ASUS Prime-H370M-Plus/CSM (BIOS v1801, current is v1901 so I'm one v out)
i5-9400
Initially 16gb RAM and added more for 32gb lol. Thought it might have needed more:think:
Crucial MX500 1TB M.2 (CT1000MX500SSD4) (M.2 2280SS)

SOLUTION:
Click for Solution

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_164448.jpg
    IMG_20200608_164448.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Make sure you have that ApfsDriverLoader.efi file in both UEFI and BIOS in your Clover drivers folder.

If that's the case, zip and post your EFI folder.

Thanks for your help guys!

Make sure you have that ApfsDriverLoader.efi file in both UEFI and BIOS in your Clover drivers folder.

If that's the case, zip and post your EFI folder.

I only have an EFI folder which I have attached. Confirmed that ApfsDriverLoader.efi is indeed in EFI>CLOVER>drivers>UEFI. This is the default UniBeast install fyi. No changing of drivers or anything.

Make sure you’re using a USB 3.0 port.
I tried that with the same result. Verbose stops at the same spot.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 112
I have a hunch that it's the use of onboard graphics, but this is a bit out of my realm. I know it's tricky with the Z390 chipset to enable iGPU to drive the graphics. You have to patch the framebuffers.

I did have the setting set to auto and then switched it to CPU Graphics. Should I be adding a video card and setting to auto/PCI-Graphics?

Attachments

• IMG_20200609_113239.jpg
    IMG_20200609_113239.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 73
You may have to patch the framebuffers. if you need help I can patch your config.plist but it may need to be a bit later. I'm not at my hackintosh right now

When you boot normally (without verbose) what happens?

When booting normally I get the apple and loading bar but it never completes. The bar will eventually fill but doesn't go into recovery console as expected. I've left it for more than an hour like that.

I swapped in your provided config in the EFI partition, thanks. EFI>Clover is where I put it. Still same issue. I also switched from using VGA to HDMI and no changes. I'm going to read up on that FrameBuffer guide you sent me and see what info I can try out of there.

I'm also going to try downloading the latest version of Catalina just in case it's the certificate giving troubles.

Attachments

• IMG_20200609_165930.jpg
    IMG_20200609_165930.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 64
I'm all out of ideas! I assumed at that stage, the video drivers get loaded, but I don't really know. I've never tried installing with just the iGPU, and I know that it's tricky particularly if you are going off of VGA, DVI or HDMI. But I don't want you going out and buying a dGPU based on a hunch. Maybe if you go to a store with a good return policy?

When booting normally I get the apple and loading bar but it never completes. The bar will eventually fill but doesn't go into recovery console as expected. I've left it for more than an hour like that.

I swapped in your provided config in the EFI partition, thanks. EFI>Clover is where I put it. Still same issue. I also switched from using VGA to HDMI and no changes. I'm going to read up on that FrameBuffer guide you sent me and see what info I can try out of there.

I'm also going to try downloading the latest version of Catalina just in case it's the certificate giving troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back