Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA
CPU
Intel i7-9700k
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX580 GAMING 8GB
I'm hoping someone would have an idea of why I can't get this to work. I have just recently upgraded to the Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA and I could boot from my old High Sierra partition, but sometimes it would go to the "Prohibit logo" after the clover screen and sometimes would boot fine, so I decided to do a clean install.

I re-downloaded High Sierra and used UniBeast 8.3.2 to install on a USB drive (this drive has worked fine with my old mobo), but after selecting to boot it from the boot menu it just shows the "AORUS" logo and never boots to the USB at all.

I've tried it with and without the GTX 1060 installed, and removed all other peripherals, tried different USB ports, wiped the USB and re-installed, still no luck.

I've set the recommended settings on the BIOS and also tried three different BIOS versions and still no luck.

I would expect to at least get to the Clover screen. After checking the EFI it seems like everything should be fine, but maybe there is something I'm missing that someone could suggest?

After searching the forums I haven't found a solution that works for me.

I'm hoping someone would have an idea of why I can't get this to work. I have just recently upgraded to the Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA and I could boot from my old High Sierra partition, but sometimes it would go to the "Prohibit logo" after the clover screen and sometimes would boot fine, so I decided to do a clean install.

I re-downloaded High Sierra and used UniBeast 8.3.2 to install on a USB drive (this drive has worked fine with my old mobo), but after selecting to boot it from the boot menu it just shows the "AORUS" logo and never boots to the USB at all.

I've tried it with and without the GTX 1060 installed, and removed all other peripherals, tried different USB ports, wiped the USB and re-installed, still no luck.

I've set the recommended settings on the BIOS and also tried three different BIOS versions and still no luck.

I would expect to at least get to the Clover screen. After checking the EFI it seems like everything should be fine, but maybe there is something I'm missing that someone could suggest?

After searching the forums I haven't found a solution that works for me.

Hi there.

If you can't even get to the Clover menu on the USB flash-drive when you boot it, then chances are the USB drive has been formatted incorrectly or you are choosing the wrong boot option in your Aorus BIOS.

:)

Hi there.

If you can't even get to the Clover menu on the USB flash-drive when you boot it, then chances are the USB drive has been formatted incorrectly or you are choosing the wrong boot option in your Aorus BIOS.

:)

Thanks, it worked fine with my old mobo so I didn't think that would be the issue, but after reading your reply I bought a new USB drive and it worked perfectly. The formatting and boot options were all the same on both drives, but something is going on.

Old drive = SanDisk, new drive = Kingston, both 16GB, the old drive won't boot, but with USBInjectAll only the old SanDisk will work on the front USB 3.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back