Motherboard
Asus P7P55D-E LX (1602 BIOS)
CPU
Intel Core i7-860 @ 2.8Ghz
Graphics
ATI XFX 5850 1GB
Wonder anyone try this?
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/815-appleahciportkext/

Updated: Ok, after replace AppleAHCIPort.kext to 3.28, My P7P55D-e is working with 10.13 finally.
Hi there,

Congrats! So I take it that means that you upgraded by running the Install High Sierra app from within Sierra, and not by using a High Sierra USB installation drive? If the former, any issues you encountered that I should be aware of? We have nearly the same motherboard.

Thanks!

Motherboard
Asus P7P55-D
CPU
i5-760
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi there,

Congrats! So I take it that means that you upgraded by running the Install High Sierra app from within Sierra, and not by using a High Sierra USB installation drive? If the former, any issues you encountered that I should be aware of? We have nearly the same motherboard.

Thanks!

Hmmm....actually, since the file is include in Base.dmg, I don't know how to update it so I kind pass around with it.
I attached the SSD to my MacBook Air and finished 10.13 install. then boot with my MBA 10.13 and replace the kext. Attach it back to P7P55D-e, boot usb installer and repair permissions with Terminal. Reboot with Clover USB, install Clover and other Kext. Done. (Finally). Hope this helps.

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
ATI XFX 5850 1GB
Well, a much belated update. I was able to get things mostly working by creating a custom PrelinkedKernel file using the PLK.tool script and inserting the older v328 AppleAHCIPort.kext, but it was constantly buggy and certainly not ideal, considering I would have to create a new one for each system update. It just felt inelegant.

And so, after MUCH trial and error, I'm happy to report that I was finally able to get everything up and running! I added the following in my config.plist file under KextsToPatch, and voila, everything now works perfectly with the built-in v329 AppleAHCIPort.kext.
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                RYX2D5XCiciD4P5mhcl4D4TSdQs=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                iciD4P5mhckPmMFBCMyQkJCQdQs=
                </data>
            </dict>
Many thanks for everyone's help!

Motherboard
z170 extreme 4
CPU
i5-6660k
Graphics
Hi, sorry no solution I can think of.
If not already done, maybe what you can do a fresh install of Sierra and then do a direct upgrade to High Sierra.

I'm still stuck at this point - the point where Disk Utility can't see my Samsung 850 250GB SSD...

Running a 6600K, AsRock Z170 Extreme4 motherboard.
How would I go about creating an Sierra installer when I've already got High Sierra on my rMBP?

*EDIT*

Suddenly worked after reformatting the drive in Windows 10 to GPT...

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
ATI XFX 5850 1GB
From my understanding, High Sierra requires a GPT boot drive. Getting it to work with a MBR formatted drive takes a lot of work.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270MX-Gaming 5
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi! I just built my very first computer and soon to be hackintosh. I have followed every step installing the latest version of High Sierra and Unibeast, but I seem to be stuck where my USB installer doesn't recognize my Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD. I am curious if my problem is similar to this thread. I'm very new to this community and I'm hoping to get my hackintosh running soon. Thank you!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000+GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! I just built my very first computer and soon to be hackintosh. I have followed every step installing the latest version of High Sierra and Unibeast, but I seem to be stuck where my USB installer doesn't recognize my Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD. I am curious if my problem is similar to this thread. I'm very new to this community and I'm hoping to get my hackintosh running soon. Thank you!
Create your own post; you might have better luck getting responses.:)

Motherboard
Asus P7P55-D
CPU
i5-760
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Well, a much belated update. I was able to get things mostly working by creating a custom PrelinkedKernel file using the PLK.tool script and inserting the older v328 AppleAHCIPort.kext, but it was constantly buggy and certainly not ideal, considering I would have to create a new one for each system update. It just felt inelegant.

And so, after MUCH trial and error, I'm happy to report that I was finally able to get everything up and running! I added the following in my config.plist file under KextsToPatch, and voila, everything now works perfectly with the built-in v329 AppleAHCIPort.kext.

This solution is much better than replace v328. so don't need to worry about update anymore.
Thanks.

Motherboard
Asus
CPU
Core i5 760
Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Code:
<dict>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                RYX2D5XCiciD4P5mhcl4D4TSdQs=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                iciD4P5mhckPmMFBCMyQkJCQdQs=
                </data>
            </dict>

Just wanted to say thanks, this worked great for me after spending hrs looking at other solutions.

Do I need to make this change anywhere else after install to make sure it stays persistent after updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.