Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P7P55D-E LX (1602 BIOS)
CPU
Intel Core i7-860 @ 2.8Ghz
Graphics
ATI XFX 5850 1GB
Hi everyone!

My apologies in advance -- it's been a while since I've posted here, simply because I haven't had any problems to report, until now. To preference, I've been running the same hackintosh hardware since I installed Lion on this machine, and each time a new OS comes out, I create a USB installer and install the OS on top using the thumb drive. That's always worked perfectly for me, until trying to install 10.13 High Sierra. When I boot off of the USB thumb drive I created, using Clover r4220, neither the Install macOS option nor the Disk Utility option see my internal HDDs. DU only shows the mounted USB thumb drive. I know the thumb drive works correctly because I used it to install High Sierra on my MacBook Pro, and it worked perfectly.

My computer is an old Lynnfield-series Intel desktop. Each version of the OS has worked perfectly in the past, including running Sierra 10.12.6 on it right now. My BIOS is set to use AHCI for the HDDs (these are not SSDs). The OS volume is on a GUID HFS+ partition, that also happens to have an NTFS partition as well (which may be the source of my problem?). The only third-party Kexts I use are injected through Clover, in the kexts/Other directory, which only contains FakeSMC v1723 and RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90.

I've searched all I can for help, and come across a few older threads with similar problems for older OSes. They've suggested trying AppleAHCIPort.kext and AHCIPortInjector.kext, which I've placed in Clover's kexts/Other directory, but the problem remains. It just seems so weird to me that the Sierra USB installer last year recognized the HDDs, but the High Sierra USB installer doesn't.

I've attached a screenshot of "diskutil list" as well as a copy of my Clover config.plist file. ANY help you folks could give would be immensely appreciated at this point, as I've spent hours trying to fix this only to come up empty. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 1.13.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 1.13.01 AM.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 520
  • config.plist
    3.7 KB · Views: 283
Your hdd can't be initialized, am I right?

AppleAHCIPort.kext in the other folder will not work, you need to install it in S/L/E
Try to disable the hot plug feature for your HDD in the Bios, see if it helps.

AppleAHCIPort.kext in the other folder will not work, you need to install it in S/L/E
What if i don't have hot plug feature?

It would appear so. Are there some logs to review to see exactly what’s happening?
I attached screen with two boot logs, first is sierra and the second one is high sierra,it's almost the same except on sierra my hdd is rooted and on high sierra it's not, i tried to add AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext and AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext into s/l/e on my sierra boot disk,but no luck, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-09-27 в 18.05.03.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-09-27 в 18.05.03.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 546
But if I place the kext in my Sierra S/L/E folder, how will that impact booting from High Sierra's USB installation drive? Doesn't that ignore the kexts loaded on my root drive? Aren't all the kexts during installation loaded from the USB thumb drive? Also, my Sierra drive already has an AppleAHCIPort.kext in S/L/E.

But if I place the kext in my Sierra S/L/E folder, how will that impact booting from High Sierra's USB installation drive? Doesn't that ignore the kexts loaded on my root drive? Aren't all the kexts during installation loaded from the USB thumb drive? Also, my Sierra drive already has an AppleAHCIPort.kext in S/L/E.
If you place AHCIPort.kext in your sierra s/l/e, it will do nothing. High Sierra will use it's own which located in basesystem.dmg, and i don't know how to replace it there, i've got no rights

Those are my thoughts exactly. Where do we go from here?
I discovered that appleahciport.kext v329 and higher is buggy with some ich controllers,i have ich9 and it's not working.I found patch that may resolve this issue, but i didn't try it yet(screen attached). I decided to try to seek help from Slice, maybe i'm lucky and he will answer me

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-09-27 в 23.03.17.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-09-27 в 23.03.17.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 530
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back