RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everybody,

has anybody already done the work for custom USB-Inject-All.kext on the Asus Hero Maximus X for support for USB 3.0 ports and Coffee Lake? Would be interested, as it's quite some effort, to get through the manual (I've read roughly 50%) to first understand what it is about. Maybe some can post his kext file here, if successful?

Frostreaver

Hi everybody,

has anybody already done the work for custom USB-Inject-All.kext on the Asus Hero Maximus X for support for USB 3.0 ports and Coffee Lake? Would be interested, as it's quite some effort, to get through the manual (I've read roughly 50%) to first understand what it is about. Maybe some can post his kext file here, if successful?

Frostreaver

No need to modify the kext.
Just create SSDT-UIAC to configure it.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

@RehabMan, is USBInjectAll and SSDT needed if using the PMHeart port limit KextsToPatch with 10.13.4? My USB ports seem to be working fine with only the patch.

@RehabMan, is USBInjectAll and SSDT needed if using the PMHeart port limit KextsToPatch with 10.13.4? My USB ports seem to be working fine with only the patch.

If you read the guide, you will find the answer to your question regarding the port limit patch.

Tip: The port limit patch is not to be used long-term.

I'm through the guide and the corresponding background info thread. Great read and I currently try to get this started for my setup, as I'm keen to get this done. Just one question here regarding how to do it, as the info is a bit unspecific:

1) Download the git repo and use the USB-Inject-All Template?
2) Check with IORegistryExplorer, which ports to keep in the plist
3) Save the USBInjectAll.plist and put it back into the EFI partition

Is that, what has to be done or did I got something completly wrong?

I got to the point of IORegExpl and found the corresponding entry und der XHC@14 … my problem is, that there are not USB 3.0 ports listed (SS01 – ...). Can anybody help, what I am missing here?

I'm through the guide and the corresponding background info thread. Great read and I currently try to get this started for my setup, as I'm keen to get this done. Just one question here regarding how to do it, as the info is a bit unspecific:

1) Download the git repo and use the USB-Inject-All Template?
2) Check with IORegistryExplorer, which ports to keep in the plist
3) Save the USBInjectAll.plist and put it back into the EFI partition

Is that, what has to be done or did I got something completly wrong?

No plist editing involved... you create a custom SSDT-UIAC.dsl from SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl and save as (compile) to AML in ACPI/patched/SSDT-UIAC.aml.

I got to the point of IORegExpl and found the corresponding entry und der XHC@14 … my problem is, that there are not USB 3.0 ports listed (SS01 – ...). Can anybody help, what I am missing here?

Sounds like you forgot to add the port limit patch to your config.plist...KextsToPatch.

No plist editing involved... you create a custom SSDT-UIAC.dsl from SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl and save as (compile) to AML in ACPI/patched/SSDT-UIAC.aml.

Sounds like you forgot to add the port limit patch to your config.plist...KextsToPatch.

OK. I'll try first the KextsToPatch thing. The Port-Limit-Patch is shown, when I open the EFI/Clover/config.plist in Clover configurator. So this should be fine or do you mean something else?

Sorry for the noob questions. I get the idea of what this whole thing is about, but I fail big time on executing based on your thread. :( If this is working, then I can try the SSDT thing. Just a question here: I have to compile it with XCode right?

Last edited:
OK. I'll try first the KextsToPatch thing. The Port-Limit-Patch is shown, when I open the EFI/Clover/config.plist in Clover configurator. So this should be fine or do you mean something else?

You must have the correct port limit patch.
And it must be entered correctly.

Different patch for 10.13.0-3 vs. 10.13.4.

Tip: If you're following my guide, you're not using Clover Configurator... All edits to your plist are done via Xcode or PlistEdit Pro. Use copy/paste.

Just a question here: I have to compile it with XCode right?

SSDT? With MaciASL.app, Save As, format: ACPI Machine Language Binary.

Last edited:
Thank you. I'll try that. Will continue in XCode and rewire my brain. The only task, that is really tricky by now for building a hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back