Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After upgrading to 10.9.2 I have encountered the following issue:

Whenever I insert a usb device the OS completely locks up within 3 seconds. I have reinstalled Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI.kext to enable USB 3.0

There is nothing in dmesg that stands out.

system.log reports the following:
com.apple.kextcache[765]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext"

Thoughts?

This is an interesting read:
http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/06/13/kext-requirements-for-os-x-10-9-mavericks/

Though it appears it's just a warning..

Problem resolved for now after updating drivers with new Multibeast 6.2 utility and removing AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

Just to say this solved my usb3 freezing problem as well.

What does the AppleTyMCEDriver do? Will I miss it? :confused:

Problem resolved for now after updating drivers with new Multibeast 6.2 utility and removing AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

I tried to move this Kext out of System/Extensions and to rebuild cache using KextWizard, but my 10.9.2 keep freezing after I insert a USB key or USB drive (selfpowered or not).

BUT, I observed some things :

-it occurs only 2/3 minutes after all applications are visually launched after OSX boot. Before that, I can use the USB drive just fine.

-I searched the console, but I don't know where to look because I can't see any obvious message.

-It happens on any USB port, MB-wired or through a HUB (screen here)

-I thought it was linked to my Scarlett 2i4 Audio card connected in USB drawing too much memory or voltage over time, but the freeze finally occured with the card disconnected

-The only thing I didn't try was to touch the Logitech Gaming Software I installed for my G700s mouse… I'm not even sure it uses an installed driver…
[EDIT] After uninstallation, freeze can still occur. So it was not that either…

If someone has an idea on how to prevent these freezes, it would be fabulous.
(setup : GA-z77-DS3H rev 1.1, user free DSDT with Multibeast 6.2, FakeSMC (sleep/wake works normally), generic USB3 kext, BIOS with xHCI mode on Auto, CPU PLL Overvoltage on Auto, EHCI and xHCI enabled)

This same thing is happening to me. I tried this fix but it did not work. Any other suggestions?

You could always try running Kext Utility.

This seemed to fix a few of my system niggles for me.

Not sure if it's in the downloads section of this site, but if not, you can google it.

Regards,

James

Hello guys,

i have updates my Hackintosh from 10.9 to 10.9.2 and now i have the same problem.
If plug in an usb the System just freezes.
I tries everything I know, can you help me please ? :(

You could always try running Kext Utility.

This seemed to fix a few of my system niggles for me.

Not sure if it's in the downloads section of this site, but if not, you can google it.

Regards,

James
nope that didnt work either. thanks though. In the method you said worked for you, what drivers exactly did you install with multineast? and did you just delete the applety.... kext? and did you rebuild the kext caches after? I really need to get this working. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back