Contribute
Register

USB FixOwnership TRUE with Multibeast, and corrupt .mb files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I know how to set USB FixOwnership to TRUE using XCode, TextEdit, or Clover Configurator. My question is:

How can I do this with Multibeast?

Also, my saved .mb files are no opened by Multibeast 8.2.3, which complains that they are corrupt. Clearly my computer is booting using something so is there a way to have Multibeast "extract" the current configuration from the EFI partition?

Or, actually, is there a way for me to see what I've actually used to boot in addition to opening config.plist in an editor?

Thanks!

MultiBeast doesn't have an option to set Fix ownership for your USB. MultiBeast is universal for the majority of desktop systems, seeing as not everyones system is the same the user has a little work today to complete the individual post install procedures on their system.

Your computer is booting via Clover (EFI Bootloader) you can mount your EFI partition using EFI Mounter v3. To find your EFI partition in terminal type
Code:
diskutil list
This will display a list of disk partitions including your EFI partition of your system drive.
If you want to save a copy of your configuration the safest bet is to back up your entire EFI folder. I do this for all of my systems.
I could take a pretty good guess what you installed with MultiBeast for your system(in your signature) and supply you with a .mb file if you would also want to back it up.

Thanks, that's what I had suspected.

May I ask: The configuration is
i5 6600K
GA-Z170-HD3
Web drivers for GTX950 2MB
10.11.6 on disk0S2; Clover is on disk0S1.

Ultimately, my goal is to generate a fully bootable backup drive.

Carbon Copy Cloner does work on disk0S2 but the issue is such a clone relies on the Clover copy on EFI at disk0S1. Ideally the .mb file would have revealed the original settings used to generate a working EFI boot loader (?). Or, should a different tool be used to clone the existing EFI partition onto, say, a USB drive -- thus making that USB drive a fully bootable standalone clone?

Many thanks.

You can make any disk bootable using the EFI folder contained in your /EFI partition. Simply copy your existing EFI folder to another disks/USB's EFI partition, then using the hotkey on your motherboard for choosing a boot drive which is F12. You will be able to boot your existing working partition or a cloned partition of your working installation. You could in fact have one EFI folder with the ability to boot many system drives, obviously configured correctly.

Correct. If you clone your working installation, once it completes rename it for example Sierra Clone. Restart booting from your existing EFI partition and at the Clover boot screen use the arrow keys to highlight your Sierra Clone drive and it'll boot it. As I mentioned in my first reply, keep your EFI partition safe along with your UniBeast USB. That way you will always have a way to get into your system.

You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back