Contribute
Register

USB Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am going crazy but I am having a very strange problem.

I have a:
* HP EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR
* Intel® 8 Series (Q87) / Q87 chipset
* i5-4690 3.3G Haswell
* GPU1: embedded 6M HD 4600 GPU with (2) DisplayPort with multi - stream and VGA

on the BIOS I have
Advanced > Device Options > USB 3.0 BIOS Driver Support = Enabled
Advanced > Device Options > USB EHCI Port Debug = Enabled

In the clover.plist I have all the
AddDTGP/FixDarwin and the rename patches EXC* -> EH0*
Nothing else related to USB is enabled

When I boot the machine my DSDT (through MACiasl) shows my USB3 controller (XHC) but the ioreg does not!!!!
Please check the screenshot.

This is happening no matter if I use FakePCI* or not.

USB3 devices are not recogzised at all in any ports.

I attach a screenshot with the device ids from windows and the ioreg.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Attachments

• usb.jpg
    usb.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 250
  • usb2.jpg
    usb2.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 193
  • usb3.jpg
    usb3.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 154
  • boubis.ioreg
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
Hi,

I am going crazy but I am having a very strange problem.

I have a:
* HP EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR
* Intel® 8 Series (Q87) / Q87 chipset
* i5-4690 3.3G Haswell
* GPU1: embedded 6M HD 4600 GPU with (2) DisplayPort with multi - stream and VGA

on the BIOS I have
Advanced > Device Options > USB 3.0 BIOS Driver Support = Enabled
Advanced > Device Options > USB EHCI Port Debug = Enabled

In the clover.plist I have all the
AddDTGP/FixDarwin and the rename patches EXC* -> EH0*
Nothing else related to USB is enabled

When I boot the machine my DSDT (through MACiasl) shows my USB3 controller (XHC) but the ioreg does not!!!!
Please check the screenshot.

This is happening no matter if I use FakePCI* or not.

USB3 devices are not recogzised at all in any ports.

I attach a screenshot with the device ids from windows and the ioreg.

Any idea?

Thanks!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

I just discovered 3 of my 4 USB 3 ports were not working. This fix worked.

That said, try this (for any 7/8/9-series boards -- not 5x or 6x or Skylake):

1. Remove any USB fixes you've already tried
  2. Install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext from the latest distribution here. Put them in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/... on your USB or system boot drive. If you're using the numbered directories (as UniBeast does), make sure to put them in both 10.10/ and 10.11/ ! (Or if you've previously removed numbered directories, put them in Other/ with any other kexts.) Reboot and...
  3. Profit!

Still having issues trying to get some of my USB2 and USB3 ports working on my GA-Z77X-UP5-TH after upgrading to EL Capitain (currently on 10.11.3). I also have a fixed multi-media card reader bay installed which uses one of the mobo's USB headers. I'm using the SMBIOS iMac13,2 as set through Multibeast but nothing explicitly set through the Clover config.plist.

I'm using Clover (3320) to boot and have put FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext FakePCIID.kext in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11.

Code:
ls /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11AppleIntelE1000e.kext  FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakePCIID.kext         FakeSMC.kext

I've also checked my BIOS settings and they are correct. Ie. as XHCI Mode=Smart Auto, EHCI Handoff=enabled, XHCI Handoff=enabled.

I've also tried putting the following patches in my /Volumes/EFI/EFI/config.plist.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Patches</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>change EHC1 to EH01</string>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					AFSEMwE=
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					AFSDAwE=
					</data>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>change EHC2 to EH02</string>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					AFSEMwI=
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					AFSDAwI=
					</data>
				</dict>
			</array>
			<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>SSDT</key>

However I still can't get some of the USB3, USB2 and multi-media card reader bay to work.

We're trying to get that feature into a future release of MultiBeast -- but as you've seen, there are so many techniques and boards that it may prove to be challenging.

That said, try this (for any 7/8/9-series boards -- not 5x or 6x or Skylake):
  1. Remove any USB fixes you've already tried
  2. Install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext from the latest distribution here. Put them in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/... on your USB or system boot drive. If you're using the numbered directories (as UniBeast does), make sure to put them in both 10.10/ and 10.11/ ! (Or if you've previously removed numbered directories, put them in Other/ with any other kexts.) Reboot and...
  3. Profit!
  4. Oh, um, if that doesn't work, please report back. Our expectation is that you should only need additional fixes if using one of these SMBIOS system definitions: MacBookPro8,1 MacBookPro9,1 iMac13,1 iMac13,2 iMac13,3 MacPro6,1
  5. If it doesn't work the next step is (with those kexts in place) to add these two patches to EFI/CLOVER/config.plist on the same boot drive in ACPI/DSDT/Patches:
    Code:
    	<key>ACPI</key>
    	<dict>
    		<key>DSDT</key>
    		<dict>
    			<key>Patches</key>
    			<array>
    				<dict>
    					<key>Comment</key>
    					<string>change EHC1 to EH01</string>
    					<key>Find</key>
    					<data>RUhDMQ==</data>
    					<key>Replace</key>
    					<data>RUgwMQ==</data>
    				</dict>
    				<dict>
    					<key>Comment</key>
    					<string>change EHC2 to EH02</string>
    					<key>Find</key>
    					<data>RUhDMg==</data>
    					<key>Replace</key>
    					<data>RUgwMg==</data>
    				</dict>
    			</array>
    		</dict>
    	</dict>
  6. Then reboot and try again.
  7. If that doesn't work, please report back.
  8. The next step is perhaps the XOSI patch, but I really hope we don't have to go there.

Note that if you want USB3 to work when first installing, you need to apply those kexts and potentially config.plist changes to the USB install drive after UniBeast creates it but before you use it.

Thank you! This seems to have increased my USB ports available!

Hi,

Thank you for this fix. Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I followed steps 1 and 2. I will continue with other solutions but for now this one is not working for me.

FYI all USB3 devices are working with the exception of not-powered external HDs like Western Passport and a USB dongle. A powered Western HD does work and also Mouse/Keyboard.

Best!

Carlos

GA-Z87X-D3H
2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB

step3. Profit!

You guys are the best! Not in a thousand years i would have made it without your help!
Now my hackintosh is finally complete :headbang:

Hi,

I'm having a couple of problems. The front USB 3 ports work correctly - getting up to 170mb/sec according to blackmagic speed test. But the rear USB 3 ports dont see the same USB 3 drive - though they do recognise a usb 2 flash drive.

I opened up efi partition with clover configurator and put the 2 kext files in the 10.10 and 10.11 folders, restarted but the rear ports still dont register the usb 3 drive.

My next step is to try adding the bits to the config.plist but I'm not sure exactly where in the plist file to put them, there is already a dictionary that says

<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<dict>........ etc

Do I just add the new bits to the bottom of the plist or in this section.

(also on a side point, in the config plist it says the default volume is called El Capitan but I changed it's name to Macintosh HD so my crashplan backup continues working after a migration, would that name change make a difference ?)

Thanks.

Smink

Hi,

I'm having a couple of problems. The front USB 3 ports work correctly - getting up to 170mb/sec according to blackmagic speed test. But the rear USB 3 ports dont see the same USB 3 drive - though they do recognise a usb 2 flash drive.

I opened up efi partition with clover configurator and put the 2 kext files in the 10.10 and 10.11 folders, restarted but the rear ports still dont register the usb 3 drive.

My next step is to try adding the bits to the config.plist but I'm not sure exactly where in the plist file to put them, there is already a dictionary that says

<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<dict>........ etc

Do I just add the new bits to the bottom of the plist or in this section.

(also on a side point, in the config plist it says the default volume is called El Capitan but I changed it's name to Macintosh HD so my crashplan backup continues working after a migration, would that name change make a difference ?)

Thanks.

Smink

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Hint: Never use a text editor to edit your config.plist.

Would USBInjectAll work for Macs which have USB issues under ElCapitan ?:beachball:
if so, how to ?

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back