Contribute
Register

USB Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
tried to to kexts files but nothing works. 2 of my usb on the back of pc works (usb2)
got 4 more usb3 on the back that doesnt.
2 usb3 oon the front work.

what should be my next move?

If that doesn't work, please report back.
Reporting back. My Gigabyte Z97-D3H is using 6 x USB2 and 6 x USB3 ports. USB2 devices work in any of the ports, but only one port works with actual USB3 devices via USB3 port (via header port, not back panel port). Great to have one USB3 port working great I suppose, but the idea of purchasing an PCI USB3 card when I have 5 available USB3 ports just plain makes me angry. It has always been this way, before and after these kext additions.

I do miss Yosemite's USB3.0 support, but El Capitan is more stable for me.

Hello to all, with the help of the instructions to me are a function of two USB 2.0 ports. USB 3.0 does not work, I even while loading the system repeatedly reset the system. My board is Asus P8H61/USB3, i3 3240 @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB Kingston 133 MHz. Any idea how to stop the reset system performance. Sorry for my english

thank you all

tried to to kexts files but nothing works. 2 of my usb on the back of pc works (usb2)
got 4 more usb3 on the back that doesnt.
2 usb3 oon the front work.

what should be my next move?

Try and rebuild your plist from config_patches.plist template from the USBInjectAll repository. Worked for me, all usb's now work inlcuding usb 3.0 except that 2.0 devices don't seem to be recognised in usb3 ports.

I have this MOBO Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 Intel Core i7-4770 with chipset Intel Z87 Lynx Point. Could I use this fix? thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 20.34.13.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 20.34.13.png
    264.6 KB · Views: 254
Hi RehabMan,
I read again the guide.I first found out that I have more than 15 USB ports.
I tried to exclude the doors HS, SS and SSP, but failed to identify two USB3 ports.
Using IOreg, I noticed that these are under RP07@1C,6 (see the attachments) and I do not know how to proceed.
Anyone can help me?

Thanks,

Dario

No idea without seeing ioreg (you have the wrong area selected).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back