Contribute
Register

USB Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind the port limit patch is not recommended for long term use...

Noted, and thanks for all the help!

I've done the USB port mapping to see which ports are actually used and I've disabled the ports that weren't with the injection thingy, renamed to EC0x and installed FakePCIID.kext again and removed the port limit patch.

It turns out that only the SSP ports were used on XHC, so I disabled the others and now both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 works on all ports and if I haven't misunderstood anything it's now done "by the books".

Noted, and thanks for all the help!

I've done the USB port mapping to see which ports are actually used and I've disabled the ports that weren't with the injection thingy, renamed to EC0x and installed FakePCIID.kext again and removed the port limit patch.

It turns out that only the SSP ports were used on XHC, so I disabled the others and now both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 works on all ports and if I haven't misunderstood anything it's now done "by the books".

Yes, with FakePCIID_XHCIMux, all HSxx ports on XHC will move to EHCI, so all those ports can be excluded in favor of just the SS ports, avoiding the need for the port limit patch on 8/9-series hardware.

Hi I’m trying to get my Bluetooth Broadcom card working on 10.11. it all works fine with the standard config.plist. but when I try and use my plist with system definition 13,1 bluetooth stops working. I’m assuming the internal pci slot is seen as a usb and is why its not working.

I’ve install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext. and I’m now trying to add the two patches. Can I just copy and paste the code in this thread to the config.plist? I have tried this but my system definition gets lost when I save it and reload it into clover configurator.

thanks

Hi I’m trying to get my Bluetooth Broadcom card working on 10.11. it all works fine with the standard config.plist. but when I try and use my plist with system definition 13,1 bluetooth stops working. I’m assuming the internal pci slot is seen as a usb and is why its not working.

Bluetooth is USB, not PCIe.

I’ve install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext. and I’m now trying to add the two patches. Can I just copy and paste the code in this thread to the config.plist? I have tried this but my system definition gets lost when I save it and reload it into clover configurator.

Use a plist editor to copy from config_patches.plist to your own plist. config_patches.plist is in the USBInjectAll repository.

Cheers Rehab man, i've got it working.

My Broadcom card is plugged in via PCIe but the bluetooth is plugged in via internal usb. I plugged it in to another internal usb and bluetooth worked. I did however rebuild my plist from the config_patches.plist from the USBInjectAll repository and now all usb ports work!! (apart from USB 3 but i can live with that).

thanks again for your help!!!!

Hi everyone,
I'm Dario and i'm new here. I'm writing from Italy, and I hope you would excuse me for my bad english.

My first build is almost ready. Wi-fi, bluetooth, hdmi audio work well.

Like many others, I have some problems with USB.
I installed last FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, but do not work well. I also installed the
patch EHC1 and EHC2,
but nothing has changed.

I try to explain better.
I've two big problems:

1) In the front panel I have two USB3. If I insert an USB2 pen work well, but when I insert another pen (USB3) in the other port this is not recognized. Instead, if I insert first the USB3 pen and then USB2, both are recognized.

2) I have a monitor Dell U2414H with USB3 hub. If I start the Hack with USB3 cable from monitor inserted in the back panel I have a Kernel Panic (like attachments). Instead, if i insert the USB3 cable after log in, the hub works.

My build is:

Asus Z97 Pro WiFi (ac)
i7 4790K
32 Gb RAM
SSD 250gb Samsung 850 EVO
970 G1 Gaming Gygabyte

I hope you can help me.
Thank you,

D

Attachments

• IMG_4155.jpg
    IMG_4155.jpg
    909 KB · Views: 201
Hi everyone,
I'm Dario and i'm new here. I'm writing from Italy, and I hope you would excuse me for my bad english.

My first build is almost ready. Wi-fi, bluetooth, hdmi audio work well.

Like many others, I have some problems with USB.
I installed last FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, but do not work well. I also installed the
patch EHC1 and EHC2,
but nothing has changed.

I try to explain better.
I've two big problems:

1) In the front panel I have two USB3. If I insert an USB2 pen work well, but when I insert another pen (USB3) in the other port this is not recognized. Instead, if I insert first the USB3 pen and then USB2, both are recognized.

2) I have a monitor Dell U2414H with USB3 hub. If I start the Hack with USB3 cable from monitor inserted in the back panel I have a Kernel Panic (like attachments). Instead, if i insert the USB3 cable after log in, the hub works.

My build is:

Asus Z97 Pro WiFi (ac)
i7 4790K
32 Gb RAM
SSD 250gb Samsung 850 EVO
970 G1 Gaming Gygabyte

I hope you can help me.
Thank you,

D

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Im having the same toubles. Let me know if you find a solution.

Okay, reporting back in. I have a GA-Z87X-OC, just like it says in the bit on the left. I was having trouble getting my Time Machine backup drive—a 3TB Seagate external expansion drive—to mount. I found that when I plugged it in to one of the USB ports on the front of my case it mounted fine, but on any of the ones that hooked directly into the MOBO on the back were no-go, USB2 & USB3. Oddly enough, I found that a USB thumb drive that I have was able to mount in any of the USB ports with no issue.

Long story short, I loaded the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kexts as instructed, rebooted and voila, everything seems to be working very smoothly. Perhaps even more smoothly than the Yosemite build the new El Capitan build is replacing. And as an added bonus, after adding the two kexts above, the little USB BlueTooth dongle I had plugged in to the back also came back on line. And wait, that's not all, even though I've been bald since I was in my twenties, all my hair has started to grow back in!

RehabMan I can't thank you enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back