Contribute
Register

USB Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would USBInjectAll work for Macs which have USB issues under ElCapitan ?:beachball:
if so, how to ?

Thanks !

I think it is unlikely the injected properties for a real Apple Mac are wrong.

So does this mean that this method will not do anything to help those running 10.11.x ? I click that link and see a million things about injecting kexts and patching files and my brain starts to melt.

I have a Sabertooth Z77 and my USB 3 ports on the bottom of my MB work but the centre ones only give power, nothing I plug into them shows up on my pc. Was hoping this patch would fix things.
Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 11.02.23 PM.png

I think it is unlikely the injected properties for a real Apple Mac are wrong.

It potentially could for old Macs officially unsupported by Apple on EC but with compatible hardware. Asking out of curiosity.

Thanks !

So does this mean that this method will not do anything to help those running 10.11.x ? I click that link and see a million things about injecting kexts and patching files and my brain starts to melt.

Read it carefully. The guide is comprehensive and actually explains "why". Read it several times, then focus on "Specific Recommendations..." as it relates to your hardware.

It potentially could for old Macs officially unsupported by Apple on EC but with compatible hardware. Asking out of curiosity.

Thanks !

At that point, your Mac is a Hackintosh...

Hi, I managed to successfully install OSX 10.11.3 el capitan

I have a GA-X79S-UP5 X79 wifi&bluetooth, so far I'm missing only 2 major issues: get the processor recognised as a not unknown (the ghrz is recognised properly) and the usb 3.00

the 4 back usb3.00 are VIA, should be supported by the generic kext in this post:http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/181059-3rd-party-usb-3-0-genericusbxhci-kext-working-10-11-2-a.html

I tried but to no avail, then I un-installed and followed the steps presented here, then the USB 3.00 ports started being recognised by a matter of working (but not in the system report), I try to connect a 3.00 device like a samsung ssd and it won't be recognised, while a regular hard rive will...

I'm getting confused over all the information, does anyone know why it doesn't work? has anyone encountered similar conditions?

help please, I need it for work!! :'(

At that point, many hackintosh methods would apply, including USB fixes...

I tried then USBInjectAll on a MacMini2,1. KP on EC before reaching installer. Any idea in this particular case ?

I tried then USBInjectAll on a MacMini2,1. KP on EC before reaching installer. Any idea in this particular case ?

No idea without information on the KP, complete hardware details ('lspci -nn' output from Linux) and details on the procedures you're using.

Looking at everymac.com, Macmini2,1 looks to be very old hardware. And, AFAIK, not supported by 10.11. For example GMA950 graphics were unsupported as of Lion (32-bit only), I think.

10.11 on such hardware is probably a non-starter, even as hackintosh. Your problems are not limited to USB issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back