Contribute
Register

USB Failure. Changing SMBIOS from iMac10,1 to (iMac14,1 or iMac11,3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm hoping that someone can help me out with USB issues on my El Capitan system. I am trying to change the SMBIOS on my Hackintosh to enable the in-place upgrade to OSX Sierra.

I constructed this system a couple of years back. I have a Dell Optiplex 780 using the latest version of clover to run El Capitan. Everything works today using an iMAC 10,1 SMBIOS, but if I change this to a newer machine (eg: iMAC 11,3) USB stops working.

I can still connect to it using VNC, and this is how I backout my attempt to resolve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

Attachments

• ioreg_imac10_1_DellOptiplex780.txt
    88.2 KB · Views: 292
  • ioreg_imac11_3_DellOptiplex780.txt
    59.3 KB · Views: 260
I'm hoping that someone can help me out with USB issues on my El Capitan system. I am trying to change the SMBIOS on my Hackintosh to enable the in-place upgrade to OSX Sierra.

I constructed this system a couple of years back. I have a Dell Optiplex 780 using the latest version of clover to run El Capitan. Everything works today using an iMAC 10,1 SMBIOS, but if I change this to a newer machine (eg: iMAC 11,3) USB stops working.

I can still connect to it using VNC, and this is how I backout my attempt to resolve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

This post explains why:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back