Contribute
Register

USB Ejects at Sleep (incl. error reporting package)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z270X ITX Fatality
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
HD 630 + RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all and @RehabMan . I've never solved the USB devices ejecting after sleep problem and thought I'd check in again with a full error reporting package.

If it helps, I have another question that might or might not be related. Sometimes, usually if I let the computer sleep for a very long time, it goes to a different sleep state with the case power light blinking. To come out of this sleep state I have to press the hardware reset button on the case which wakes it up normally.

I injected usb power properties in ssdt-uiac.aml (attached the Dsl with comments) but I'm using a supported smbios so perhaps those don't matter? Also, you might see the USB port limit patch listen in config.plist but it has a disabled flag, I left it in there for quick debugging.

I saw many reports that mentioned switching XMP off in bios solved it for them, tried this to no avail (I don't understand how it would be related, does it change the p-state sequence with xmp read at every wake?)

Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_26424.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 87
  • SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl
    5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Quick update, the long blinking sleep has nothing to do with sleep duration as I just let it standby within 5mins of booting and came back to it in a minute, had to press reset button to bring it back.

It seems like you still have hibernate enabled, you should turn it off by following this (quote from @RehabMan )

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
(Always check your hibernatemode after updates and disable it. System updates tend to re-enable it, although the trick above (making sleepimage a directory) tends to help.)

As for the USB sleep issue, I'm also having the same problem. I believe it is related with USB patching and Power state, currently don't have a solid solution yet.

I don't think I had hibernate enabled, but even with confirming pmset(-g) Still have the random long sleeps with hibernate disabled.

Currently in use:
standby 1
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 1
autorestart 0
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
powernap 0
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 10
sleep 1 (sleep prevented by mds_stores)
autopoweroffdelay 28800
hibernatemode 0