Contribute
Register

USB ejects After Sleep Fixed - [Success] ML/Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Works great for me (running Lion). Eject and remount both work fine.

Jettison is worth the price to me as almost always put my hackintosh to sleep rather than shutting down.

Very nice.

- J -

Works great for USB and USB 3.0 drives (the one I was having a problem with), but it won't eject the Time Machine drive or the esata external drives - it gives me an error that those drives cannot be ejected and to close all apps, etc. Still looking for solution why the USB 3.0 drive doesn't eject at sleep properly like the USB 2.0 and esata drives I have.

What worked for me, and my GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, was to disable this bios setting: MIT-Advanced Frequency Settings > Advanced CPU Core Features > Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage

Doing so also fixed issue where my usb mac keyboard wasn't working after resuming from sleep
unless i unplugged it + replugged it. Disabling that motherboard setting fixed both issues.

I had this problem on my Z170X-UD3 10.12.5, then I found the culprit!

When I disable XMP profile in BIOS, USB sleep wake is fine without any improper eject message!

When i enable XMP profile1 again in BIOS, symptoms come again! USB not properly ejected after wake.

So do you have thoughts on this?

I had this problem on my Z170X-UD3 10.12.5, then I found the culprit!

When I disable XMP profile in BIOS, USB sleep wake is fine without any improper eject message!

When i enable XMP profile1 again in BIOS, symptoms come again! USB not properly ejected after wake.

So do you have thoughts on this?
You may have figured this out already (or not) but here is a new thread on this issue in 2019 that may provide more insight... If you have fixed it beyond what is in the thread, please let us know here and at that thread. Thank you!

Thread link :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back