Contribute
Register

USB drives Not Properly Ejected on wake from sleep. [Yet another solution but this one is free!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if this is related. "Kuo expects ASMedia Technology to become the exclusive supplier of USB controllers for Arm-based Macs, adding that the Taiwanese integrated circuit designer will benefit from Macs gaining support for USB4 in 2022."

(for transparency, I was/am on mobile and profiles don’t show up in that format)
I’m going to deep dive the MB and chip implementation and see if there are more clues. (I can’t test until I can actually upgrade to Catalina, and I need so much software to become compatible first ;) )

I have MB and CPU as you. Im using Opencore 0.5.8. Trying to get it to work without using Jettison which does work. Memory set to XMP profile 1 in bios. All else works flawlessly. The last piece of the puzzle to solve since its been. bugging me for about a year now. Anythoughts or recommendations

I have MB and CPU as you. Im using Opencore 0.5.8. Trying to get it to work without using Jettison which does work. Memory set to XMP profile 1 in bios. All else works flawlessly. The last piece of the puzzle to solve since its been. bugging me for about a year now. Anythoughts or recommendations

For me it's only the two USB-C ports that eject drives on sleep, and I don't use them for that reason. The rest of my USB ports work fine with sleep. We'll see what happens in the future I guess :)

Not sure, I sleep pro tools all the time and don’t have iLok errors (which I know is a bit different because it’s not an actual file volume per se) but none of my drives eject from my chipset USB ports, only the asmedia ones...

I'm also wondering this; I went through all the effort of USB port mapping (I followed a nice YouTube video, but still) and I tinkered a lot with different ACPI patches, and now sleep all works other than drives not being ejected properly during sleep, and this only is an issue for my USB 3.1 ports (USB-A and USB-C)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back