Contribute
Register

USB drives Not Properly Ejected on wake from sleep. [Yet another solution but this one is free!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had this problem on my z170x-ud3 10.12.5, then i found the culprit!

When i disable xmp profile in bios, usb sleep wake is fine without any improper eject message!

When i enable xmp profile1 again in bios, symptoms come again! Usb not properly ejected after wake.

So do you have thoughts on this?

Wow, good find! I could never get the fixes here to work, and that would explain why. I won't be disabling XMP (it works great) so I guess that settles it for me.

Seems like its not working on laptop High Sierra... Any results from other?

USB drives Not Ejected Properly on wake from sleep. [Yet another solution]
EDIT: Updated with miketks10's wakeup script from his post below.
Hi @shilohh Thank you for this super utility/script. I stumbled across this by accident and it indeed works like a charm. I have not noticed any adverse side effects whatsoever since I started using the script. Very impressed.
Greetings

perfect!!! thank you

View attachment 139102

I wrote a applescript app to install sleepwatcher and eject + mount scripts that affect only USB and USB 3 drives. I did this because I don't like that Jettison.app messes with SATA drives too. I have my hot swap bays hooked up to my ASM1061 SATA 6G ports and hot swap works perfectly with them as external.

Enjoy. It's free!

Simply amazing :)

View attachment 139102

I wrote a applescript app to install sleepwatcher and eject + mount scripts that affect only USB and USB 3 drives. I did this because I don't like that Jettison.app messes with SATA drives too. I have my hot swap bays hooked up to my ASM1061 SATA 6G ports and hot swap works perfectly with them as external.

Enjoy. It's free!

Can't believe it, it's working still now, in Mojave 10.14.4, 4 years after your post!!! thanks amazing your work!
in SafeSleepUSB > Contents > Resources:
replace the rc.wakeup code with the one attached.

if its installed, uninstall and re-install (by running the app from applications)

if not, just copy the app over to applications and install it!

hope this helps!
rc.wakeup new file fix what of older, sir?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back