Contribute
Register

USB drives Not Properly Ejected on wake from sleep. [Yet another solution but this one is free!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB drives Not Ejected Properly on wake from sleep. [Yet another solution]

View attachment 139102

I wrote a applescript app to install sleepwatcher and eject + mount scripts that affect only USB and USB 3 drives. I did this because I don't like that Jettison.app messes with SATA drives too. I have my hot swap bays hooked up to my ASM1061 SATA 6G ports and hot swap works perfectly with them as external.

Enjoy. It's free!

EDIT: Updated with miketks10's wakeup script from his post below.
Hello! Does this still work?
update. nm I read the rest of the posts

Last edited:
Hello! Does this still work?
update. nm I read the rest of the posts
Not with 10.14.6 and designare mobo, unless you set memory in mobo bios to 2666 MHz.. But that fixes the problem and you no longer need this script.

This scrip will eject your drives in my config, but not remount them.

in my case still working in 10.14.6 but not working in 10.15! Any solution, bro?

Just to add to this, I'm back on 10.13.6 (for WebDrivers reason) and starting to hate this USB issue. I've seen various different replies on the net concerning this behavior and think that we need to once and for all fix this. Is this a native behavior from macOS that even real Mac users experience? If it is, then this issue should be fixed there and not at the Hackintosh level. But we have to be accurate when we say that even real Mac users experience this. Is it a specific model of Macs or only on a specific version of macOS etc etc etc...

looking new method to make it work again in Catalina :)

Something I’ve come to notice having built 4 different machines now, is that when the ports are correctly assigned and limited to 15 or less using *only* the intel controller, sleep/wake works fine. The disk ejection ONLY happens on ports controlled by ASMEDIA controllers in every build I’ve done. I don’t know how to solve this (yet).

Somehow Catalina fixed this issue for me. Left the Hack to sleep overnight with 2 External Hard Drives attached to the USB 3.1 Gen 2 and both did not eject when I wake it up..

same as my profile.. Asus Z370-F..

in case you're wondering, it uses ASMedia Controller... ;)

(for transparency, I was/am on mobile and profiles don’t show up in that format)
I’m going to deep dive the MB and chip implementation and see if there are more clues. (I can’t test until I can actually upgrade to Catalina, and I need so much software to become compatible first ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back