Contribute
Register

USB drives Not Properly Ejected on wake from sleep. [Yet another solution but this one is free!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry that the script by @shilohh does not work for my Sierra 10.12.3 Hackintosh. The message "Disk not ejected properly" still pops up for my plugged-in USB thumb drive after I installed the script and experimented with sleep and wake. What should I do to trace the issue? Thanks a lot.

My build has the following main components:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K
GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OCV1
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR4-3000 8G*4
SSD: Crucial MX300 750GB
WiFi: BCM94360CD PCI-E/AC68 card
Bluetooth USB dongle: PCi (Planex) BT-MicroEDR2x

I am sorry that the script by @shilohh does not work for my Sierra 10.12.3 Hackintosh. The message "Disk not ejected properly" still pops up for my plugged-in USB thumb drive after I installed the script and experimented with sleep and wake. What should I do to trace the issue? Thanks a lot.

My build has the following main components:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K
GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OCV1
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR4-3000 8G*4
SSD: Crucial MX300 750GB
WiFi: BCM94360CD PCI-E/AC68 card
Bluetooth USB dongle: PCi (Planex) BT-MicroEDR2x
I haven't messed with this one in a long time. I don't need it with my X79 machines in 10.12. I'd guess that the script needs to be installed to a new location in Sierra. Just guessing though.

The script is still working great for me 90% of the time on the Gigabyte system, but every now and again it will inexplicably revert to a self-wake, bad eject cycle. Again, is there any log at which I can look and/or post after this happens to diagnose this random occurrence?

No go for me, neither is fix usb sleep on my z270 Sierra, is there a more recent method somewhere?
It's not working for me either ...

i had this problem on my z170x-ud3 10.12.5, then i found the culprit!

When i disable xmp profile in bios, usb sleep wake is fine without any improper eject message!

When i enable xmp profile1 again in bios, symptoms come again! Usb not properly ejected after wake.

So do you have thoughts on this?

Thanks a lot!
working here with Z77X UD5H and AMD Radeon R9 370X 4 GB on High Sierra 10.13.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back