Contribute
Register

USB drives Not Properly Ejected on wake from sleep. [Yet another solution but this one is free!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mac mini is having the same issue, many people using the Mac. It's an OS problem.
I assume I can run this on an original mac mini, not a hackintosh, right?
Yes. It should work the same on real Macs.

Worked great for me on 10.11.3, thank you.

A few weeks ago, sleep mysteriously stopped working. Yesterday sleep/wake just as mysteriously started working again, but with the disk not properly ejected errors.

Your script easily fixed it!

I use the utility and it has worked well.
About once every two weeks my computer wakes sometime during the night and I am met in the morning with a long list of "Disk Not Ejected Properly" messages. What might cause this to happen?

BTW, Thanks for a very useful application!

Hi, what about when you've got Power Nap features on? I mean when those things like Time Machine which is on a USB drive and silently does it's back up while the computer stays in sleep mode?
This work around won't help for that. I'm not sure there is anything that will allow you to use USB ports with improper sleep behavior for that. If the problem lies in the ACPI tables then you may be able to correct the behavior there, but I doubt that is it..
EDIT: I just noticed that you have a R4E. ACPI tables are not the issue.

I may have spoken too soon... :beachball:

When I run the scripts manually in Terminal, they both work great. I've got sleepwatcher successfully loaded (sudo launchctl list). The rc.wakeup script is also working when I exit sleep, which means that sleepwatcher is working.

But, the disks are still not ejecting properly when sleep begins.

Things I've tried: changing USB ports, changing darkwake (no,0,4,8,10)

Last edited:
@shilohh or anyone have any tips? Maybe it's a setting in my BIOS...

it works for my El Capitan skylake system! Thanks.

I see you have a Gigabyte motherboard, do you mind sharing your config.plist? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back