i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello fellow hackintoshers!
I've been succesfuly assembled new build featuring 6700K and Asus Z170 motherboard.
The installation of macOS Sierra was fairly straightforward with some issues with enabling sound.
However now it seems that everything is working as it should except USB ports.
This board features USB 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1. In my system report there are only version 3.0 and 3.1 listed.
While all the ports on the rear seems to be working well, the ports on the front of the case are acting oddly.

I've been testing with Intenso external HDD drive which has blue light when working in USB 3.0 mode and green light when connection is via USB 2.0.
I plugged it in USB 3.0 port while booting and the blue light did turn on. Also I could see the drive mounted in system. However after a while when HDD is put to sleep, I reconnected the drive. While the blue light was still on it didn't show up in the system. I reconnected it again and it was working in USB 2.0 mode. So after some testing i summed up that on the boot front ports acts as USB 3.0, but after some time they either start to operate as USB 2.0 or they acts as USB 3.0, but they are pretty much useless since the system doesn't detect anything that is plugged in them.

Does anyone else have the same experience or does anyone know how to solve it? I've already tried with
USBInjectAll.kext but it didn't help. Thats the only thing that is preventing me to complete my dream build.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 22.12.20.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 22.12.20.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 294
Hello fellow hackintoshers!
I've been succesfuly assembled new build featuring 6700K and Asus Z170 motherboard.
The installation of macOS Sierra was fairly straightforward with some issues with enabling sound.
However now it seems that everything is working as it should except USB ports.
This board features USB 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1. In my system report there are only version 3.0 and 3.1 listed.
While all the ports on the rear seems to be working well, the ports on the front of the case are acting oddly.

I've been testing with Intenso external HDD drive which has blue light when working in USB 3.0 mode and green light when connection is via USB 2.0.
I plugged it in USB 3.0 port while booting and the blue light did turn on. Also I could see the drive mounted in system. However after a while when HDD is put to sleep, I reconnected the drive. While the blue light was still on it didn't show up in the system. I reconnected it again and it was working in USB 2.0 mode. So after some testing i summed up that on the boot front ports acts as USB 3.0, but after some time they either start to operate as USB 2.0 or they acts as USB 3.0, but they are pretty much useless since the system doesn't detect anything that is plugged in them.

Does anyone else have the same experience or does anyone know how to solve it? I've already tried with
USBInjectAll.kext but it didn't help. Thats the only thing that is preventing me to complete my dream build.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back