Contribute
Register

USB drive causing KP when going to sleep. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170N-WIFI
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey!

So I'm pretty much getting a Kernel Panic every time if I don't eject my USB drive before sleeping. Doesn't matter if it's connected to a USB 2 or 3 type. If I remember each time to eject, it's fine, but the problem is that when I wake up from sleep, the drive mounts again automatically, but with a number behind the name like so:

/Volumes/Elements -> Eject and go to sleep
Wake up I get -> /Volumes/Elements 2/
same process -> /Volumes/Elements 3/

etc.

:crazy:

This bugs the hell out of me because the drive is connected to Plex and every single time I wake up I have to edit every section of Plex to find the drive again, which is a bore to say the least.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure people aren't having these problems in general, or what?

My specs are in the sig and I'm using the UserDSDT for F9, got the USB 3.0 kext (I recall the problem to have been the same without it) but nothing else for Disk Management I think.

Anything stand out as to what the problem might be? Am I missing something? :think:

Maybe you should uncheck "Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible " in Energy saver.

USB 3.0 is causing KP for me, are they connected to the blue USB ports (3.0)?

Hi! Thanks for your answers. Unchecking "Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible" unfortunately didn't help... It's connected to a USB 2.0 port, I've also been having trouble with the USB 3.0 ports so I've been avoiding them.

Maybe this is a drive specific issue? The drive is a WD Elements 2TB drive.

I doubt it is a drive issue, but who knows.
If you recently installed anything I'd suspect that.

for one thing, get rid of your usb 3.0 driver in S/L/E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back