Asus TUF H370-PRO Gaming (Wi-Fi)
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
R7 360
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey people!
So, I've recently built a new PC and everything with the Windows side of things works fine.
However, I just can't seem to be able to do anything with macOS Mojave. When I started the installer, it got to the screen where I'm supposed to choose a language, but when I looked at my keyboard and mouse, I saw that they're not lit up. I already had a bad feeling about this and I was right - they were not working. I tried plugging them in all USB ports - USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 - they just don't work. I don't understand how's the flash drive with the installation working then. :D
I used the USBInjectAll kext, but it didn't help.
How can I fix this? I can't install the OS without a mouse or a keyboard. :/

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700
iGPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
Discrete GPU: Sapphire Radeon R7 360
RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Trident Z
Motherboard: Asus TUF H370-PRO Gaming (Wi-Fi)

Are you running wireless mouse and k/board? the reason I ask it is slightly more tricky doing an install with both being wireless. The easiest route is to use any cheap wired mouse and keyboard to do the install and then when you complete the install, you can configure your settings to use your fancy wireless attachments.

Using wireless mouse and k/board in an initial install, not all USB ports will operate or behave as expected unless you know exactly what you're doing i.e BIOS and config.plist settings although with wired you still have to make sure both are enabled in the BIOS so that they are operational during the install. Hope this give you some insight to the problem. Good luck.

I forgot to mention - I’ve already tried that out and I got a kernel panic.

Are you running wireless mouse and k/board? the reason I ask it is slightly more tricky doing an install with both being wireless. The easiest route is to use any cheap wired mouse and keyboard to do the install and then when you complete the install, you can configure your settings to use your fancy wireless attachments.

Using wireless mouse and k/board in an initial install, not all USB ports will operate or behave as expected unless you know exactly what you're doing i.e BIOS and config.plist settings although with wired you still have to make sure both are enabled in the BIOS so that they are operational during the install. Hope this give you some insight to the problem. Good luck.

I don’t use wireless mouse and keyboard. I have a wired mouse, a wired keyboard and a Bluetooth mouse. I can’t connect the Bluetooth mouse during the installation process and the wired mouse and keyboard don’t work.

If I am not mistaken one of the factors to cause this, mouse and keyboard are not enabled in the BIOS, that is the first place I would look also insure you have the 'USBInjectall.Kext' in your EFI folder. If all else fails, try swopping around and connect to different USB ports until you can configure the ports properly. Other than what I suggested before and now I don't know what else to try.

P.S Does the wired mouse and k/board work in windows? If the answer is yes, your config.plist is lacking and not correct, another area to look. Good luck.

Last edited:
Yes. My keyboard and my mouse are working in both the UEFI and in Windows.
I tried all USB ports. None of them seems to work in macOS.

And yes, the USBinjectall kext is located in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other.

Ok - Try this, leave the 'Injectall.kext' in place but remove any kext limit patches in your config.plist and see what results you get because if the problem is not evident in Windows, then there is a problem with USB injection on the Mac side.

It is unlikely port limit remove patch causes kernel panic, please upload your config.plist, and what mojave version are you installing, 10.14.?

It is unlikely port limit remove patch causes kernel panic, please upload your config.plist, and what mojave version are you installing, 10.14.?

I’m installing 10.14.5.
Turns out you were right - it’s not the patch that caused the kernel panics. I had to make a new bootable installation again, because the last one got corrupted after so many attempts for some reason.

When I tried only with the patches (without the USBinjectall kext) I got this:

After using both the patches and the USBinjectall kext, it got to the installer, but the keyboard and the mouse were still not working. Tried each and every USB port - 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 - they don’t work.

Here's my config.plist:

Attachments

• config.plist
    27 KB · Views: 178
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back