Graphics
EVGA GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Sometimes when :beachball: shows up, the USB crashes and anything connected to it stop working.

As I have nothing connected on my USB 3.0 ports I don't know if this is only for USB 2.0. I say this because so far, when the devices connected on USB 2.0 stops after the crash, sometimes I can connect them on the USB 3.0 and they kind of work.

So I'm testing it, some devices now are on USB 2.0 and some others on USB 3.0.

Should I try some of the USB settings on Clover/Devices?

Is there some tool to try to detect what may be the problem?

Has someone experienced something similar to this?

Thanks, I'll try that. But the issue is that it only happened once with sleep, the other times, the CPU/System was loading :beachball: and it crashed. Even my USB bluetooth on the menu bar showed as crashed. It's weird because it only crashes the connected ports, the ones that has nothing connected may work if you plug something after the crash.

I wanted to know if this is something that I can solve or if I have to try another fresh install.

Can you post a zip file of your config.plist (with your serial number removed) and i'll take a look at it for you.

Ok, thanks!

Since then, I've changed the Clover>Devices, I added USB Inject and High Current. I don't know if this has anything to do with but for now I have not had USB crash. But I'll be glad if you check the rest of it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 211
Your config.plist looks okay to me but there were 3 entries that are not needed so i removed them

Gui > Scan : I unchecked Legacy

• you're booting UEFI not Legacy so no need to scan
Kernel and Kext Patches : I unchecked both AppleRTC and Asus AICPUPM

• Motherboards with a locked MSR require the Asus AICPUPM not the Gigabyte Z77 series
  • BIOS CMOS reset on wake after sleep is not an issue in OS X with Gigabyte Z77 series motherboards so AppleRTC not needed.
I also noticed that you're not using Inject nVidia. I don't know much about the graphics cards and the GTX 650 TI but i assume that it works OOB as you mentioned no graphics issues.

Attachments

• modified_config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 118
I can uncheck it directly through Clover Configurator, right?

Yeah, since 10.8.3 the GTX650 Ti works OOB. I got kind of lucky back then because the day I assembled the Hackintosh the 10.8.3 update was released - the previous update had some work arounds but it wasn't working OOB.

I think I have a weird timing with updates since this time, the day I decided to install the 10.11.1, the 10.11.2 was released.

Since the USB Inject I had no USB crash and I don't even know if these events are really related. But if anything happens I'll update this post.

Thanks for you help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back