Graphics
XFX 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've always used Unibeast with no issues at all, however recently I used a Lexar 64GB USB 3.0 thumb drive and plugging it into a USB 3.0 port hoping for better speeds. However Unibeast for no good reason failed creating the install drive for me. I later found another USB drive that did work for me. The problem now is that the Lexar thumb drive is not recognized in Mac or Windows. Disk Utility fails to see that it's even plugged in and Windows can't find the drive in Disk Manager. Also on Windows, when I go to Device Manager, the drive is now labeled as a "Unknown Device" and fails to install drivers for it. I wan't to make a note that the drive worked flawlessly before hand so it was not a "dud". I can't tell what happened and why Unibeast failed to install on the drive, nor can I find a solution for it. It is lighting up so it "does work" but it's not really doing anything besides that...

Any suggestions? :)

BTW I'm using Yosemite 10.10 right now if that helps.

I've always used Unibeast with no issues at all, however recently I used a Lexar 64GB USB 3.0 thumb drive and plugging it into a USB 3.0 port hoping for better speeds. However Unibeast for no good reason failed creating the install drive for me. I later found another USB drive that did work for me. The problem now is that the Lexar thumb drive is not recognized in Mac or Windows. Disk Utility fails to see that it's even plugged in and Windows can't find the drive in Disk Manager. Also on Windows, when I go to Device Manager, the drive is now labeled as a "Unknown Device" and fails to install drivers for it. I wan't to make a note that the drive worked flawlessly before hand so it was not a "dud". I can't tell what happened and why Unibeast failed to install on the drive, nor can I find a solution for it. It is lighting up so it "does work" but it's not really doing anything besides that...

Any suggestions? :)

BTW I'm using Yosemite 10.10 right now if that helps.

I used two usb's tonight and the same thing happened to both of them. I am not a fan of Unibeast after this. It ISNT the usb's it is the software and using MBR. I never found a fix for this and ended up buying more USB's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back